Broadband Usage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I just got an email from BT stating that they are increasing prices by 6.5% or thereabout... (What happened to keeping inflation low?) Also, they were retiring some price plans...

Anyhow, I logged in to my account to see what the actual damage was, and noticed that they tell you how much data you've used. Quite neat really...

Your average monthly usage is 958.76 GB

That's 2-3 people over 3 laptops, 2 desktops, countless portable things, 3 consoles and a 42U server rack with random odds and ends (most things running crashplan - cloud backups).

Not too bad methinks considering that's less than a TB worth of data, and I know crashplan is practically constantly uploading...

What are other people's usage figures like?

M

Doesn't take account of the constant data monitoring by the Huawei Company back in China of course---- but then BT don't know about that bit. :p
Just mentioning BT and Huawei in the same sentence may have driven some word recognition subroutine into meltdown in Beijing- hope so anyway.;)

I think we're going to average around 60 Gb per month. That's 2 adults and 3 kids.

I hadn't realised till I looked at the stats. that they use download and upload added together ... I was only thinking about download usage originally.

Indeed, they add the two together... my download is quite low (I'm guessing 99% of it is netflix and lovefilm). My upload is quite high (cloud backups of just about everything...)

54.95 GB...average.

91.56GB this month so far...8 days to go.

88.53 for this month and 100.2 average. Like Michele, mostly Lovefilm and cloud backup.

I use on average 5gb per month on my phone alone

About 30-60gb on the home bb, depends what new films are out.

Wow... so am I the only person approaching a terabyte a month on average?! That can't be right...

Wow... so am I the only person approaching a terabyte a month on average?! That can't be right...

Yeah....so you should be paying more ....we mere 100Gb mortals are subsidising you...:D:D:D:D

I think mine is about 10GB, but then I don't download films or use cloud stuff.

40- 50 gig - and thats with the mrs constantly on netflix. two adults, one tiny tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom