Broken down arggghhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Car has gone into limp mode. Few weeks back I put a tuning box on it. Car hasn't been right since. It will literally stop accelerating then jolt back into accelerating. So earlier I took it off. And 5 mins later limp mode.

Yesterday it did do a limp mode effect, but without the EML coming on. Once restarted it was fine.

RAC on their way. Hoping the box has just buggered something simple up. And it's a case of clearing the code.

If it's all a coincidence and it isn't the box. I'm praying it isn't the turbo or MAF.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Car has gone into limp mode. Few weeks back I put a tuning box on it. Car hasn't been right since. It will literally stop accelerating then jolt back into accelerating. So earlier I took it off. And 5 mins later limp mode.

Yesterday it did do a limp mode effect, but without the EML coming on. Once restarted it was fine.

RAC on their way. Hoping the box has just buggered something simple up. And it's a case of clearing the code.

If it's all a coincidence and it isn't the box. I'm praying it isn't the turbo or MAF.

Opinions?

This happened to a family members Viano... eBay 'tuning box' ended up with a recovery truck having to come around.. should be easily sortable

Abs

All sorted. EGR valve. Phewww

Ye of no faith. I'm offended sir

Just pushin ya buttons digging for a confession.

Good on you if you've gone another day. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom