Brooklands GTG - Sunday 27th June - Mercedes-Benz World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found that really disappointing as I've never a) been to MB World and b) met anyone off the forum yet.

Oi! :D

All of my VW friends are pleading poverty (volkswagen, volks wallets?) so I'll probably be down to this one now. Ignore the rust and focus on the exhaust note ;)

hi nick and forum what part of mercedes world do you meet at the gtg`s is round by brooklands museum or the car park outside mercedes world itself thanks in advance jonnymerc :thumb:

This is a good point, it's the same day as the PistonHead Sunday service at mb world...

We usually meet in the main car park , park up by the Maybachs.

Most of the time is spent kicking tyres , the rest drinking coffee watching the AMG's hoon around.

I believe that piston Heads will be using one of the grass areas just to the side of the track.

We may as well park up with them, no?

:thumb:

they have some nice new cars there to drool over. They have made a nice exhibit of the SLS with a complete car, then a separate body shell and then separate running gear.

We (MBO) was there yesterday, the Silver arrows put on a much reduced display with just 3 variants of the 6.3 on track. Hopefully with PH putting on a big show there MB will get a few more cars out for you to enjoy

Palmball!!

Properly good news that you'll be there too!
Well done for making the journey.

Brooklands is a great place.

Yes, be good to meet you mate!

I'm really looking forward to going as I've never been there before.

Yes, be good to meet you mate!

I'm really looking forward to going as I've never been there before.

Hey bud.

You'll really enjoy yourself.
Great place and lots to see and do.

I believe it is 1 of only 5 sites that MB has globally, sporting tracks, events etc.

Well worth the trip.

Looking forward to seeing your ride finally.
You must have had about 3 of them now, innit? haha

Are you happy with this one now?..... you fussy fussy bod.
LOL

I installed a new steering wheel the other week. :rock:
I'll be sure to show it you on sunday.

H
Looking forward to seeing your ride finally.
You must have had about 3 of them now, innit? haha

Are you happy with this one now?..... you fussy fussy bod.
LOL

I installed a new steering wheel the other week. :rock:
I'll be sure to show it you on sunday.

3 of them lol....just the 2 so far Rashman! Theres time yet for the 3rd! ;)

I'm very happy with this one with the exception that AMG have fitted the softer C63 suspension rather than the stiffer set up of my previous one :(
I really liked the suspension set up on my previous one but MB want £1500+ to fit it to my new one :eek:.... for that price I'm having it changed for some coilovers which should be even better.

Other than that, once I get it back from AMG at the end of the week with it's newly pimped interior, it'll be perfect!

New steering wheel huh? What was wrong with the one you had?

3 of them lol....just the 2 so far Rashman! Theres time yet for the 3rd! ;)

I'm very happy with this one with the exception that AMG have fitted the softer C63 suspension rather than the stiffer set up of my previous one :(
I really liked the suspension set up on my previous one but MB want £1500+ to fit it to my new one :eek:.... for that price I'm having it changed for some coilovers which should be even better.

Other than that, once I get it back from AMG at the end of the week with it's newly pimped interior, it'll be perfect!

New steering wheel huh? What was wrong with the one you had?

Glad you're happy with the beastie!
Coilovers would be a good move.
I think Bilstein do some.
PS99's or something like that.

New pimped interior. lol
I'm looking forward to seeing it. :bannana:

I'm after some carbon fibre bits for mine, but it's prooving quite hard to source things for the CLK63 body.
It may mean shipping bits over from the US. :(

Nothing wrong with my old steering wheel.. but my new one is just badass. :devil:

See you all there with the finally finished CL55. I thought as i have not worn my Super MBClub Sports shirt before, i would give it an airing. Dose Anyone else have the Club's shirt, who's coming ?

Just a thought , the dreaded England game is on on Sunday , kick off 3.00pm ..... is this going to influence people who are coming from some distance away ?

MB World are likely to show the game on their big screen.

Along with the F1, as long as they don't over-lap, I'd expect.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make tomorrow guys :(

Have a load of people over for a BBQ in the afternoon and need to be around for 11ish for something else.

Have a great time and take plenty of pics :thumb:

Will

After a s**t flight back from Hong Kong last night and hardly any sleep in the last 18 hours I'm going to have to duck today as well. Sorry - will see you next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom