Brooklands GTG ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grand children Saturday so should be OK for Sunday

You can't beleive it :mad: :mad: :doh: I am now working and can't make it until about 13.30.

I will stop by on my way home and see if anyone is still there. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that Peter, we'll have gone back for lunch by then - catch up with you next time!

I've managed to get the skip moved too! I'll be there Peter - I may be a little later than 11, so I should be able to hang on.

Would love to come along but have the bug so won't come and share it - enjoy the meet and I'll join in another time.

Good to meet you, Charles, Bill, Clive, Peter and of course DolphiN Tech. Bl--dy cold wasn't it?
Brian.

Nice to see the 'select few'! Just got home ... will put up some pictures later.

Members' cars ...

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

This 190SL racer was nice
pic05.jpg

This wasn't quite what it seemed ...
pic06.jpg

Yes, it's a W124 300CE!
pic07.jpg

Junior BTB enjoyed himself
pic08.jpg

Driving an SLR round the Nurburgring (although he couldn't reach the pedals)
pic09.jpg

But he was a winner anyway :)
pic10.jpg

Thanks to the happy few for coming out, and very nice to meet new as well as old faces. I loved Brian's SLK Chalcedony blue - a rare colour indeed.

Glad also to give the SM a run - it did not like the cold start at all, but once warmed up it was its usual imperative self, while I found it warmer outside. If I can get nice Mr Builder to move the skip again, I'll send it up to the jolly crew at Eclectic to get the heater sorted out.

It looks like George Jetson should be driving it !!

that is unbelievably cool :)

didn't realise they did those in 2 doors.

But of course...

Apart from a couple of coach built 4 door convertibles by Chapron, the SM was only made as a coupe.

An absolutely gorgeous thing. I adore it.

I have to say you were all at the wrong location! At the Brooklands Museum the VSCC New Year Driving Tests were in full swing on the banking and up Test Hill. There were about fifty pre-War cars including a very rare HE, a Crossley, a trio of three-wheel, Jap-engined Morgans, plenty of Bugattis, MGs and Austin 7s plus a lovely Frazer-Nash BMW and a super-rare MG Mk III Tigress

The car park held the usual VSCC "No Discernible Demographic" collection including a Bugatti saloon, Porsche 944, BMW diesel touring, Rover P5, old Porsche 911 (x 3), Maserati saloon (W-reg), TR6, Audi RS4 avant, MGA, etc, etc

Pics soon at Bolide | Historic cars, motorsport & more…

Nick Froome

I've been to a few of the VSCC meets at Brooklands before and they were great. On the way today we saw (passed!) a few old cars heading there.

I saw a few on my way home.

Incidentally one on the MB World staff told me they are setting up a big SL exhibition there in the next few weeks, tied in with the UK launch of the new 2012 SL.

Dear god...mine looks like an ML with those wheelarch gaps.

Olly, springs...need springs NOW! :D

Dear god...mine looks like an ML with those wheelarch gaps.

[Crocodile Dundee]Now this is what I call R129 wheelarch gaps[\Crocodile Dundee]

susp4.jpg

(fun things you can do with ADS #2 :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom