Brooklands GTG ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Incidentally one on the MB World staff told me they are setting up a big SL exhibition there in the next few weeks, tied in with the UK launch of the new 2012 SL.

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your usual high quality in the photographic dept.

Yes the Official MB Club are having a SL evening this Saturday a '60 Years Sport Light' Launch.

Managed to arrive in time before the SM had gone. Spent a most enjoyable time with Charles and the SM. He was kind enough to take me out in, as Sean said a very very cool car and the sound was great. Charles many thanks for waiting for me to arrive and very sorry to have missed some of you who had braved the cold. There are a lot of good guys in this Forum.

I'm glad you liked it Peter - it is a car that always gets comments each time I take it out. All positive, unlike those for its driver in other cars!

Sorry I didn't manage to make it to this one, it was on the wish list but unfortunately I went to a leaving do on Friday (my boss of 23 years) and got very, very drunk :eek:.

The subsequent hangover meant that all the stuff I'd pencilled in for Saturday had to get pushed to the right, meaning no time left over on Sunday for car-related shenanigans.

I've seen BEJ and BTB's car before and they're looking as nice as ever, good work fellas. Not seen Dolphin's SL or Charles' SM, sorry I missed them. Charles, I think you owe me a passenger ride from Goodwood, I'd love to go out in the SM next time our paths cross? It might be French, but it is a thing of beauty..

Cheers,

Gaz

Sure thing and with pleasure Gaz. I'll try and replicate the Goodwood run, but what with the body roll and hydropneumatic suspension, you might need a little bucket too...

I don't think the SM would handle Lavant quite as aggressively as the SLK, but I'm sure it can pick its skirts up when required. Look forward to it..

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom