"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ffs see i cant help it, Took the day off work as i hate Mondays lol, Went for a drive whilst the roads were dry......

Sorry John couldn't resist "engine is warm" just got back :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Bet your neighbours love you Gav :D sounds amazing though! I certainly wouldnt mind listening to that lol

Well someone's loss today was my gain, A crashed w211 avantgarde in that common colour Melanite Black!

So with access to anything i wanted, Brutus will now have a Space saver spare wheel, Large Screen Satnav with Nav drive in the boot, Along with a replacement chrome strip for the rear bumper as it doesn't have any pitting. :)

Sadly the e320 didn't have Keyless entry otherwise i would have had the drivers door handle too pmsl.

It was a nasty accident no body hurt, Small overlap offset deploying all airbags! Dam the car took it well! inside apart from broken glass was perfect but the shell had twisted. Despite that all the doors still opened fine.
crash1.jpg

Please please write some sort of "Beware do not pass out" comment. ;)

I seen the picture and thought the car was done in, deep breath now, return to normal service.

Please please write some sort of "Beware do not pass out" comment. ;)

I seen the picture and thought the car was done in, deep breath now, return to normal service.

Haha yes funny enough i did wonder whether to do a wind up and put my plate on it........... But lol i thought it would tempt fate so i didnt pmsl.

Wise move me thinks ;)

Haha yes funny enough i did wonder whether to do a wind up and put my plate on it........... But lol i thought it would tempt fate so i didnt pmsl.

Wise move me thinks ;)

Even though you told me about this the picture caught me off guard :D:D:D

Nice to know you got some freebies, and brutus will be getting even better :D

Well well thanks to the Crash damaged e320, Brutus now has a fully functional NTG1 Command headunit!!

brutgps.jpg

This was not Simply Plug n Play, After much researching we found that not all of the early cars are set up. The Loom is there But.......... its not all connected. You need the correct connectors and put the Cd Nav unit into the fibre optic loop! Otherwise you will just get the "Navigation Device not found" error!

So after pulling up the trim on the nearside of the car including the B pillar trim we connected it all up, Correct connectors were used from the accident damaged donar car hahahaha Hey presto!! Full screen Command, And the powered centre console including the cd disc changer behind it is all working, Also getting the nav display in the Speedo cluster :) happy days Brutus feels complete!!!

Took it for a quick drive tonight, Its been a while progress was slow due to it being 1 degress's outside, any whiff of the throttle just lit the dash up hahaha, May as well driven the A class.

Anyways im over the moon it looks the dog's ;)

I would have gone with something less antiquated but if OEM and period is the way then very well done.

I would have gone with something less antiquated but if OEM and period is the way then very well done.
Thankyou sir, If you have been following the thread you will see I've been trying to get this car back to Standard Spec, I couldn't get on with the APS50 Satnav unit so replaced it with this one as it's within keeping of the vehicle, It was all Pre wired after all.

The only thing not standard is Exhaust and Engine Mapping Cooler, along with the Gearbox Tcu so all under the skin stuff. Other than that Brutus looks completely stock which is how i wanted it. So yes Oem and Period look is exactly what im after, with a extra bit of performance over stock underneath it all.

Last edited:
Thankyou sir, If you have been following the thread you will see I've been trying to get this car back to Standard Spec, I couldn't get on with the APS50 Satnav unit so replaced it with this one as it's within keeping of the vehicle, It was all Pre wired after all.

The only thing not standard is Exhaust and Engine Mapping Cooler, along with the Gearbox Tcu so all under the skin stuff. Other than that Brutus looks completely stock which is how i wanted it. So yes Oem and Period look is exactly what im after, with a extra bit of performance over stock underneath it all.

Looks great Gav,
Make sure you give me a buzz if you get access to any crash damaged 209s ;)

Lol will do buddy, But that was a one off, Shame it was a cracking car pre accident :/

Lol will do buddy, But that was a one off, Shame it was a cracking car pre accident :/
Better keep Brutus on the leash in these conditions ;)

Just a cheap Orbital Polisher twin handle job, Very user friendly. I've found it extremely good at removing swirls and light scratches without going to far, you'd be surprised how well they do the job.

Only criticism really is they can be abit bulky around door mirror's and handles etc.

Just a cheap Orbital Polisher twin handle job, Very user friendly. I've found it extremely good at removing swirls and light scratches without going to far, you'd be surprised how well they do the job.

Only criticism really is they can be abit bulky around door mirror's and handles etc.

Thank you very much mate, will wait for spring and get cracking ;)

Been while not using Brutus due to the blooming weather, So couldnt resist running it up to operating temps giving the batteries a top up in the process.

Well couldnt help giving it a blip of the throttle, kids love as they were playing in the lounge above lol

Sorry about the steam it was +0.5 degress this morning , oh and Merry Xmas to everyone :)

Brutus and the Pulley lol,

On the last start up 4 days ago i noticed a small squeak from around the front on tick over, which went when the engine warmed up.

Yep the offending artical was the Steel tensioner pulley for the Supercharger, I replaced this with a "Trucktec" item "NTN Bearing" the exact same bearing as the MB item. :) This came from Germany delivered for £50.

BUT....... as you lot have noticed im fussy i also spotted the Dual Aux belt pulley was grumbly so this got changed. Now Brutus runs a BWK which made the job a right pitta, I inlisted the help of my Mechanic friend/employee along the way we also changed the S/c Belt for the corrct GATES "extra service" item, and a new Gates Aux belt.

The Duel pulley is extortionate but it really did need doing. Anyways for the record here's the old parts and the New Steel S/c Pulley saving the need to change the whole Sc tensioner.
26056055_10155550484437284_6487817775873679746_n.jpg

26113780_10155550483982284_6098882938739821378_n.jpg

26055605_10155550484442284_6910447749562101195_n.jpg

Happy days, Quiet once again. :)

Been while not using Brutus due to the blooming weather, So couldnt resist running it up to operating temps giving the batteries a top up in the process.

Well couldnt help giving it a blip of the throttle, kids love as they were playing in the lounge above lol

Sorry about the steam it was +0.5 degress this morning , oh and Merry Xmas to everyone :)

I need a V8 in my life :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is that exhaust stock?

No bud, secondary decat, resonator delete, x-pipe and twin Powerflow rear silencers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom