BT Vision box.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
cos I'm a BT customer just been offered a Vision box on a good monthly rate. We have a Panasonic combined DVD and hard-drive recorder at the mo and it is a real pain to operate and takes about five mins to warm-up. Many, many times it's nearly got the chop...literally:wallbash:

1. Anybody got Vision and is it 'idiot proof' and is the package worthwhile @ £4.00 pm?

2. Is the box unobtrusive, ie..black, or is it all flashing lights and chrome etc?

3. Thanks. :thumb::D

I had BT vision. For a while anyway. I'm sure most have no issues, but I found it rubbish. Fragmented all the time, TV just froze, lost recordings, and BT customer services were utterly useless.

I currently have BT Vision. The box is black and reasonably unobtrusive. It does have a blue LED ring on the front that turns red when recording.

I'm not sure what package you're thinking of purchasing, but £4.99pm won't get you alot I guess.

They'll probably put you on a 2 year contract too. Be careful if you ever change your package or add/remove channels as they'll start the 2 year contract again.

One thing to note though - the remote controls are rubbish. Most fail altogether, and the two I've had have to be in perfect line of site to work correctly. It can be a right pain sometimes.

I'm moving back to Sky shortly as BT Vision don't have a lot of channels that we miss since moving from Sky 2 years ago.

I just use Freeview and bought a Humax Fox T2 a year ago, great piece of kit, can record two channels and watch something already recorded at the same time. If needs be I use the tuner in the TV and watch a third channel while recording two others. If you don't feel like supporting Murdoch and Sky it works great. I've hooked my TV up to my Router so I can watch I-Player and stuff as well.

Yup we use a twin-tuner Freeview HD box ... nothing per month ;)

Another vote for Humax. I have FreeSat. Great kit. Saved a fortune since ditching Mr M.

I had BT vision. For a while anyway. I'm sure most have no issues, but I found it rubbish. Fragmented all the time, TV just froze, lost recordings, and BT customer services were utterly useless.

+1 for these comments. It is useless, utterly useless. I prefer my tv with built in freeview and it can record to usb, no less channels than vision.

cos I'm a BT customer just been offered a Vision box on a good monthly rate. We have a Panasonic combined DVD and hard-drive recorder at the mo and it is a real pain to operate and takes about five mins to warm-up. Many, many times it's nearly got the chop...literally:wallbash:

1. Anybody got Vision and is it 'idiot proof' and is the package worthwhile @ £4.00 pm?

2. Is the box unobtrusive, ie..black, or is it all flashing lights and chrome etc?

3. Thanks. :thumb::D

BEST TO CHECK YOUR BROADBAND SPEED-- If its slow you may have quality problems. BT Vision - Your Questions Answered

Seems to be a big no-no then. I also googled it and came up with Mums Net who didn't have a good word to say about it.

Probably go for the Humax. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumb:

just get Sky. You get hat you pay for in this life.

i just joined sky after moving house as a "new" customer. i got the basic package. £120 cashback, and £100 of M&S vouchers. if you take the vouchers into account it works out at £5 per month.

i didnt get a hat though. :D

i only have sky for a couple of channels, basic package, otherwise i'd be on freeview too, or probably just use the sky box without any subscription.

i just joined sky after moving house as a "new" customer. i got the basic package. £120 cashback, and £100 of M&S vouchers. if you take the vouchers into account it works out at £5 per month.

i didnt get a hat though. :D
[/ QUOTE]

no perhaps sky should chuck in typing lessons.... :rock:

We have a Panasonic combined DVD and hard-drive recorder at the mo and it is a real pain to operate and takes about five mins to warm-up.
I'm guessing that your Panny is a few years old. If so, then I know what you mean about time to start up and the slow user interface, but as others say BT Vision is worse!

The Humax PVR's are good, but why not consider a Panasonic DMR-BWT700EB? It has a 320GB drive, twin Freeview+ HD Tuners, and will record and play both Blu-ray discs and DVD's. Connect it up to to your router and you get iPlayer, YouTube, NetFlix etc too. If you search the web you'll find it available for as little as £299, which is something of a steal when you consider the mix of features and quality. I have the BWT800 which has a bigger disc and a few extra capabilities, but picture quality and speed of use is similar on both and far quicker than the old Panny kit.

The current Mrs SPX worked for BT up until 18 month ago and we used to get the FULL package for free.

Put it this way Derek, even though it was free, we sent it back and as a Yorkshireman that was hard. But it does tell you how sh1te it was/is. We kept Sky 'just in case' which was a relief...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom