Buckled Alloy Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
So I had all of my alloy wheels refurbished last week and they look great. I noticed when driving there was some steering wheel wobble so i took it back and got the balancing re checked. Turns out the rear left allow wheel has a slight buckle in it so even tho when balanced the reading is 0 there is ever such a sight staring wheel wobble between 50-60pmh.
Only had the car a few months so presuming its been pranged by previous owner!
I guessing if i get the alloy wheel straightened its gonna undo all the wheel refurb done on it. Gutted.

With a bit of luck, the wheel should still look good. Most alloy wheels buckle on the inside not the outside edge.

With a bit of luck, the wheel should still look good. Most alloy wheels buckle on the inside not the outside edge.

When they showed me the buckle it was at the back of the wheel..

Don't know where you are but I had a co in Birmingham right under J6 repair a buckled wheel for £40. dirty scruffy back street place but they did the repair and the wheel's been fine. let me know if you want details.

Don't know where you are but I had a co in Birmingham right under J6 repair a buckled wheel for £40. dirty scruffy back street place but they did the repair and the wheel's been fine. let me know if you want details.
Thanks but I'm in the north east - near middlesbrough

So i have my wheel booked in to get the bucket straightened out tomorrow morning (£60), I'm hoping there won't be any damage to the returb i've had done otherwise i'm back to the refurbers to get it sorted....!

they can normally do this without touching the front, bit of heat and a mallet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom