Bulbs and warnings W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Changed

Car
C250
Can someone confirm how many bulbs I should have in the rear cluster of my 204, and has anyone had issues with in dash warnings?

I had a warning that my front side light /parking bulb had gone a few weeks back.. Checked the lights and they seem fine to me.. It stayed for 24hrs then the warning went. Not long after the same for a rear lamp.. Disappeared again after a few restarts.

Last night the rear left light / brake warning came on. Again I have checked, lights work brake lights works but the error is still there this morning.. Confused!!

Do these errors stay until the fault is fixed or could I be cancelling them myself without realising?

Bulbs & warnings W204

I had a W204 for 6 years and during the last two years I had an intermittent warning about the left rear/brake light. Replaced both bulbs even though they were both working OK. Still got the message from time to time which cleared itself eventually.
Incidentally, apart from tyres, these were the only parts I replaced in 6 years. Brilliant car.

I have had exactly the same thing happen over the last few weeks. Car has just gone in the for the Service Measure SMPC636 (claimed to be about an SRS warning lamp) that Mercedes issued in June 2014 via email in the UK.

Was told this service measure had nothing to do with it, but a quick glance on the internet shows that this is the exact problem which MB have done a huge scale recall in the US and Canada and there has been other reported cases in the UK.

Basically, I keep on getting (at random uses of the car) warning messages about rear left bulbs (at least two, sometimes three). On closer inspection I noticed that the wired connecter and the bulb holder had melted on the brown cable and could smell what I could only describe as plastic burning.

Am waiting for MB to call me back regarding the service measure and they will also check this bulb issue out. Given that a quick search on the net found the issue I find it hard to believe the technician will not know about this common issue.

My car is W204, c220 cdi sport, registered in Nov '07. Will definitely be asking about a good will repair of this if they try to charge me as the car has always been serviced at MB, with history to prove it.

Any one else have this issue in the UK? Seems to be lots abroad...

My 62 reg sport plus saloon, 16k miles
Right indicator warning on dash and indicator arrow flashing fast as though a bulb (leds) has gone but all ok on the outside and flashing normally, drove about 20 miles, parked up checked indicators outside again all ok, warning still on dash and clicking faster than usual. Switched off, ½ hour later started up drove off all back to normal. Is this just a glitch or a sign that something is on its way out.

It has been suggest that a wire may be broken in one of the folding mirrors but, the indicators etc are back to normal and work with the mirrors in or out

It could still be a broken wire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom