Bus crash in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
Lavender Hill bus crash: Two women trapped - BBC News

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/double-decker-bus-smashes-shop-clapham-high-street-071611589.html

A most unfortunate incident and I hope all casualties make good recoveries .

According to the Yahoo! report above -

" Nurse Amy Mullineux, 40, of Wandsworth Common, was on the bus and said the driver told her he had lost consciousness before the crash.

“I spoke to him. He said he blacked out before the bus hit the shop.

“He doesn’t remember hitting anything.

“The paramedic told me they think he had some kind of fit.”
"

While anyone can have an undiagnosed medical condition , or suffer a coronary without warning , I am put in mind of the Glasgow bin lory crash where the driver , Harry Clarke , concealed his medical history to keep working , and he had previously been a bus driver during which he had had a couple of blackouts ; I do hope this isn't another similar case .

Because of the mention of 'some kind of fit' , I wonder if the driver was epileptic ? While I know that driving is permitted with proper management of the condition , and subject to not having had a seizure for minimum 12 months , I wonder how this relates to driving PSV's , where a greater number of passengers are carried and the potential exists to do more harm if a seizure is taken at the wheel ?

No doubt more information will come out in time .

Hi,
Well - he won't ever drive a bus again, if he suffered a blackout at the wheel.
Hope all are OK and not too seriously injured.
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
Well - he won't ever drive a bus again, if he suffered a blackout at the wheel.
Hope all are OK and not too seriously injured.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve..

On an un-related note. Thinking about holidaying to Abu-Dhabi sometime, what month would you say is the 'coolest' time :D

Hi Steve..

On an un-related note. Thinking about holidaying to Abu-Dhabi sometime, what month would you say is the 'coolest' time :D

December to March should be under 30c. January and Feb the coolest around 22/23c but chilly nights.

Lavender Hill bus crash: Two women trapped - BBC News

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/double-decker-bus-smashes-shop-clapham-high-street-071611589.html

A most unfortunate incident and I hope all casualties make good recoveries .

According to the Yahoo! report above -

" Nurse Amy Mullineux, 40, of Wandsworth Common, was on the bus and said the driver told her he had lost consciousness before the crash.

“I spoke to him. He said he blacked out before the bus hit the shop.

“He doesn’t remember hitting anything.

“The paramedic told me they think he had some kind of fit.”
"

While anyone can have an undiagnosed medical condition , or suffer a coronary without warning , I am put in mind of the Glasgow bin lory crash where the driver , Harry Clarke , concealed his medical history to keep working , and he had previously been a bus driver during which he had had a couple of blackouts ; I do hope this isn't another similar case .

Because of the mention of 'some kind of fit' , I wonder if the driver was epileptic ? While I know that driving is permitted with proper management of the condition , and subject to not having had a seizure for minimum 12 months , I wonder how this relates to driving PSV's , where a greater number of passengers are carried and the potential exists to do more harm if a seizure is taken at the wheel ?

No doubt more information will come out in time .

Let's hope that there will be no more speculation until it does

Hopefully , the evening news will clarify .

Hi Steve..

I was there in January, and it was absolutely lovely.
Mid twenties - just perfect.

Sorry, but I wouldn't take any notice of that guide for visiting Abu Dhabi:doh:

Unless you want to cook, April May, Sept and October can be very hot.
It might suit visitors from other hot countries but I wouldn't go then by choice.
Mid Nov is perfect, High 20's and unbroken sunshine without the summer humidity.

Anyway, gone a bit OT I fancy. Back to the bush crash?:ban:

Well guys 5 days on and no more news as to what caused that bus crash,this happens all the time,the so called media are useless.

Well guys 5 days on and no more news as to what caused that bus crash,this happens all the time,the so called media are useless.

Bloody media writing gibberish all the time.

Yes the Hackney bus accident happened on the 10th Nov,you would think by now they would say the driver does not like black bimmers or he was late for his tea or something.

First time I've read a "Buy One, Get One Free" thread!

Russ

Yes the Hackney bus accident happened on the 10th Nov,you would think by now they would say the driver does not like black bimmers or he was late for his tea or something.

Start a new thread. It's not hard and it's not confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom