Busy couple of weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muddyell

Car
E320 CDI
Over the last few weeks I decided to try and bring the old barge up to date and I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far.
She started off as a completely standard W211 E320 CDI. First thing to do was add some LED bulbs and HID headlights. After this was the addition of the wind deflectors and some slightly tinted numberplates (for show purposes).

Then came the bigger decisions....wheels and tyres. Did I stick with the original 17's or splash out on new shoes? I got talked into new shoes and also some Eibach lowering springs. I'm glad I was talked into it as it sits a whole lot better now.

It was also time for some more power too so she went in for a remap and the results are pretty impressive but I need to get on a rolling road to find out exactly what the gains are.

After all this it was evident that although the paintwork was decent it could do with being renovated so I order a Kestrel DAS-6 random orbital, menzerna compounds, dodo juice supernatural pre wax cleanser and dodo juice blue velvet hard wax.

Spent a good few hours on her, the paintwork is almost flawless but not 100% so will do more shortly. For now though this is the end result. Any comments or criticism welcome

Also didn't look too out of place in London either with a mates c63

Last edited:
Time and effort well spent. It has really changed to the look for the better.:thumb: Now, how are you with vans?:devil:

Last edited:
Thank you

With vans? What are you getting at here? Haha

I keep trying in my luck by dropping suggestions (not to subtle hints) that members who do good work may want to share their detailing expertise…no takers yet, unsurprisingly.:D

Looks great! What are the overall thoughts on eibach springs? how is the ride comfort?

The only thing that I'm not fond of is the tinted number plates, seems to be the trend now - but just isn't for me...

I'll happily detail your van at a decent price haha

The Eibach springs have really made very little difference to the ride comfort in all honesty. The fronts are a little lower than I originally anticipated but over all very happy with them.
I'm also unsure on the tinted plates as nothing else is tinted. Been toying with the idea of tinting the windows but I really want the mirror effect ones that are factory fitted to the new S-Class. I can see that costing a fortune though

Looks good, not to sure about the colour scheme on the 63 though.

In fairness it certainly gets a lot of attention. Quite a few car spotters taking photos in London over the weekend

I'll happily detail your van at a decent price haha

The Eibach springs have really made very little difference to the ride comfort in all honesty. The fronts are a little lower than I originally anticipated but over all very happy with them.
I'm also unsure on the tinted plates as nothing else is tinted. Been toying with the idea of tinting the windows but I really want the mirror effect ones that are factory fitted to the new S-Class. I can see that costing a fortune though

I've had the same experience with Eibach's on my previous car - just toying with the idea atm...

Any decent tint will add to the look in my opinion, also love the S-Class / Bentley windows with the reflective coating - always made me think that it must be a ceramic coating, but have never got round to finding a similar type of film.

How about the remap - where was it done? what's the difference like?

I will be looking into the window tint as after seeing so many in London I now love them

The remap was done by a company called mapped out in Chepstow. Highly recommend the guy as he was genuinely nice and really knew what he was talking about. It has completely transformed the car. The power difference is unbelievable as he mapped with with an 'aggressive stage 1'. Figures quoted are 280-300bhp and 480-500 ft-lbs torque. If it's got anywhere near that I'll be happy

I will be looking into the window tint as after seeing so many in London I now love them

The remap was done by a company called mapped out in Chepstow. Highly recommend the guy as he was genuinely nice and really knew what he was talking about. It has completely transformed the car. The power difference is unbelievable as he mapped with with an 'aggressive stage 1'. Figures quoted are 280-300bhp and 480-500 ft-lbs torque. If it's got anywhere near that I'll be happy

Sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom