Buy and e-class state now or wait?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waveuk

Car
quashqai
I am interested in a e-class state but I understand a new model will be announced soon and be available in 2016.

Would you recommend to buy now or wait the new version?

Tx

If you waited for every new model to be announced you'd never buy a new car. It depends on how long you keep cars what age you're going for etc.

As above, if you need a car now buy it. If you don't, wait until you need one.Simples :D

There seem to be great deals around on the current one. If you're looking for a car now you should buy it. New models tend to mean wait times, limited availability of certain trim levels, engines, optional extras and a lack of discount for the first few months.

There seem to be great deals around on the current one. If you're looking for a car now you should buy it. New models tend to mean wait times, limited availability of certain trim levels, engines, optional extras and a lack of discount for the first few months.

Also new models can be prone to gremlins/ teething problems! Late versions of run out models tend to be more reliable, better specked and better priced

I would have preferred to wait, but I wanted to get rid of my other car so bought now. I am so glad I did; really pleased with it.

I am interested in a e-class state but I understand a new model will be announced soon and be available in 2016.

Would you recommend to buy now or wait the new version?

Tx

I would have preferred to wait, but I wanted to get rid of my other car so bought now. I am so glad I did; really pleased with it.

You don't hang around. Less than twenty four hours after posting the question, decision made and car bought. Nice one.

thanks all for your feedback.

I have seen some good offers on the e-class that probably won't get once is released.

Technology wise is expected to change a lot?

I am also considering a c-class state that has been recently released. Any views between both?

Tx

thanks all for your feedback.

I have seen some good offers on the e-class that probably won't get once is released.

Technology wise is expected to change a lot?

I am also considering a c-class state that has been recently released. Any views between both?

Tx

:dk:

You seem a little confused.

First you ask whether to wait for a new E Class ESTATE and then you ask about the differences between Es and Cs...the E is much bigger than the C...do you need a large ESTATE or smaller ESTATE?

You seem a little confused.

First you ask whether to wait for a new E Class ESTATE and then you ask about the differences between Es and Cs...the E is much bigger than the C...do you need a large ESTATE or smaller ESTATE?

well I guess that anyone that posts a question in a forum is because has doubts. Things are not just black and white.

I do know the e-class is bigger. Actually just longer by 20 cmts.

However c-class is newer and I guess with some better technology.

Question is are these 20 cmts makes a difference on the room for the passengers or just the luggage?

Even put in another way, if both car had the same dimensions, is the e-class still better?

Tx

well I guess that anyone that posts a question in a forum is because has doubts. Things are not just black and white.

I do know the e-class is bigger. Actually just longer by 20 cmts.

However c-class is newer and I guess with some better technology.

Question is are these 20 cmts makes a difference on the room for the passengers or just the luggage?

Even put in another way, if both car had the same dimensions, is the e-class still better?

Tx

You buy an estate car for space.

You wont get a 3 metre work top in a C Class...no matter how much tech. it has. The new C Class estate is apparently longer than my old E Class...still wouldn't get a 3 metre worktop in it.

The new Corsa has a heated windscreen, MB doesn't...would you buy a Corsa?

Last edited:
If you need the rear seat space and load area, then eClass is the one to choose. If not, then it's a tougher decision as the interior of the latest c has been upgraded quite a bit. Deal wise you can get ~20% of eclass's, you'd need to look at C's but I suspect only 10% max at the moment.

Easiest thing to do is look at and drive both and see which one you prefer at the price you're happy to pay. You'll lose money on both, so the merits of buying at different product life cycles is all relative ;)

cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve,

I will test both. Space is tricky, sometimes you need it (traveling) but sometimes is just an issue (parking).

If you are keep your cars for a long period then Definitely wait. New one will be on sale here by summer next year. Buy a nice W210 to drive about till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom