Buying genuine Mercedes parts online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
I'm looking for some add-on parts (Mercedes website calls them accessories) such as the boot tub and am interested in finding alternatives to the main dealer. I'd hoped there was a sticky on this, but can't find one.

* Do main dealers compete with each other on price, as they with cars, or is it one price for all?

* Any websites or traders you would currently recommend?

For genuine MB parts from an MB dealer I use Inchcape. I used to use a genuine independent Mercedes parts supplier who offered decent discounts but they have ended supplying as they found for service parts (their bread and butter) Euro and similar had eaten away all their margin. Inchcape's discounts are largely illusory.

Dealers don't seem to understand that they are retailers of parts and their parts operations are increasingly hidden away. Yet often the MB price is highly competitive (often it isn't) so work at a relationship with your local dealer's parts guy - they are normally helpful and genuinely know a lot if they've been around some time. The other key is to find the part number and then you have numerous suppliers - I found a lot in Germany who were much more competitive than UK suppliers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom