Bye Bye Merc, Hello Volvo....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree on all the above David the foot rest has to be specified on the order it's a no cost option but if you don't spec if you don't get it

Options at no cost I had to spec on my V70 were foot rest, centre console 12v power, rear coat hooks, front seat under trays. The thing is these aren't even on the options list they are buried away in the original spec that says "if required" if you don't ask for them you don't get them madness [emoji21]

That's extremely silly. I don't mind the absence of auto handbrake arming, but pushing rather than pulling is odd.

A man with good taste.

Have had mine for 18 months now and still loving it...being a 5 cylinder AWD auto I don't get your MPG but can see 44 on a nice long cruise....average is around mid to high 30s.

Saw your post over on the Volvo Forum. Glad you got the trim piece you wanted.

As you will see from my other posts we went for the Ford Kuga instead of the XC 60 I have it at the moment averaging 54.6 mpg from a 210 bhp 2 litre diesel , well impressed and the deal was too good to miss even with Volvo offering 27% discount

Was even able to spec it with a proper handbrake

A man with good taste.

Have had mine for 18 months now and still loving it...being a 5 cylinder AWD auto I don't get your MPG but can see 44 on a nice long cruise....average is around mid to high 30s.

Saw your post over on the Volvo Forum. Glad you got the trim piece you wanted.

Just in time. My grandfather is very ill and my dad called to the south coast. As a result we have his retriever who can only just jump into the car. Bumper would have been mullered looking at the state of the trim.

10k in today. Very happy with the car and economy is improving...
01586801-99B1-42B8-B210-9720887ED940_zpsnhob4roo.jpg

Thats not bad at all, i averaged 51.8 yesturday in my s211 e320 cdi ;)

That's seriously impressive to achieve that average over a 335 mile trip at that average speed.

Mine got about 62mpg going up to Bicester and back today but that's only 90 miles, 85 of which are motorway.

That's seriously impressive to achieve that average over a 335 mile trip at that average speed.

Mine got about 62mpg going up to Bicester and back today but that's only 90 miles, 85 of which are motorway.

Mine also included about 90 minutes in London traffic.... I've not been rushing today, but have been at the speed limits ish.

Which makes it even more impressive!

Give me the Volvo's of 10 years ago any day far better built

My Volvo 940 estate is 19 years old and has a genuine 118,000 miles on the clock.
It's an amazing car as I have carried a washing machine, a fridge, and a double bed with mattress in the back, which saved me hiring a van.

Still going strong, and I will keep it until it dies, which maybe after I am gone :eek:

Still going strong. A little wounded after a building pillar reversed into it (nothing to do with me obviously), which will be sorted on Monday.

Volvo are threatning to fix a rattle a week on Monday. It's been a long time waiting for the part.

Still wish I'd gone auto.

900 miles this week - average of 43.9, down as it's winter and I'm less patient.

12916840_10207373235623926_1555854381596310021_o_zpsnigv1ul9.jpg

I can't get anywhere near those mpg figures. Best I've managed so far ( 3600 miles in ) is 52 on a motorway run to the Peal District.
Usual average is around the 42mpg mark with a mixture of road conditions. Quite agree about the electronic handbrake though, STUPID!! On the plus side, I love it. Reasonably quick and very comfortable.

I went from Volvo to MB because of Volvo after care and servicing. Drivers seat started ripping after 3 years and 38000 miles. An obvious defect, Volvo didn't want to know but would fix it for £500. Phoned up to book it in for its 4th service, first their system did not recognize the car and had to go spare parts database to try and find the car, then they wanted to do the more expensive 5th service. Dropped it in for the service only to phone me up telling me I needed new wiper blades (recently renewed). new pads and disc (just needed pads) and new front tires which which still had 4mm thread left on them. Told them to just do the service that I dropped the car in for and forget the £800 odd extra bits

Had the car for 14 months now. Two services, no consumables - quite impressed on the pads front given it's quite a big car on 35k.

Had a long day out yesterday and was pleased with the results...

FA2CA95D-1925-4C3C-A150-2EB57B7D1A97_zpsfwliuxcn.jpg

Mine is the D5 with Polestar. Has to be the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Fuel consumption is high 30s. Coming up for its 3rd service on 46k miles. Would I buy another....there's a lot of new metal out there now but I do like the new XC90. If the new XC60 is along the lines of the XC90 then yes I'd have one.

Our V50 Drive averages about 43mpg with its crappy 1.6l engine. Even though my 211 does about 28mpg, I'd take the Merc over the Volvo anyday - I hate the V50 with a passion! :D

My mpg is now climbing. The average has gone up to 42.9 from 41 within a thousand miles. Not having the trip computer that David does, I estimate today I got over 50mpg on a run with lots of heavy M25 traffic. However, my second service (again like David no pads) came to a frankly unacceptable £430 from the dealers who charge through the nose for filters and oil. This is when being the lessee sucks.

This is when being the lessee sucks.

Off topic a little, sorry, but my MB was on a no-maintenance lease, therefore ransomed to main dealer servicing, so I took the Lexus on a maintenance included contract. About £20 a month more, plus VAT, but with services scheduled by time as well as mileage, on my 2 yr lease I'm sure I did the right thing. Shouldn't need to replace tyres through wear, which is also included, but it's there!

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom