C Class 2010-13 Specifications Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T5R+

SUPPORTER
Would like to better understand this car before buying and wondered if there is guide on this site or forum members could add their views?

Really need to appreciate the pros/cons of the elegance vs sport and what "kit" comes with these cars and/or must have options.

Essentially, the C63 is not realistic but a 4 door saloon with a petrol engine (bigger the better) is a definitive choice (ideally in tanzanite or tenorite).

I bought a 2009 W204 recently and had a similar problem.

For mechanical specifications I found this very useful Specs description and glossary.
It won't help much with equipment though.

I don't know what you are coming from but I skipped 2 generations of the C class and find the ride a lot firmer than the older cars. I think Blue efficiency models might have sports suspension because of the 15mm lower ride height. I wish they didn't.

Mine's a bit older, an 08, but it's a W204 Elegance..

You get wooden interior trim, which looks far more classy IMO than the sport.

I prefer the elegance grille, looks more S Class-like. I don't like the sport grille so much.

You get smaller wheels, bigger tyres, so more comfortable ride maybe, but cheaper tyres as they're only 16 inch.

Other than that, not a lot. I'm fairly sure I could swap a few bits on mine and turn it into a sport model...

Later elegance models have 17 inch wheels but the sport has 18inch. Elegance as the bonnet star which sport doesn't.
From my old brochure the 2011 sport has

18 inch wheels
black headlining
flat bottom steering wheel
bits of body kit, aprons side skirts etc
drilled discs and merc lettering on calipers
intelligent light system with bi-xenon etc
lowered sport suspension
sports parameter steering
brushed stainless pedals
sports front seats

Elegance looks well elegant whereas sports looks 'flashier' in my opinion of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom