C-Class 250 hands free boot opening or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnbirt

Car
C Class 2015
Hi all. New to forum. First post.
Have a C-Class 250 diesel saloon now just 18 months old. I have owned it for 12 months.

Had engine warning light on twice in last few months. Repaired under warranty twice with NOX sensors replaced and on the first occasion a software upgrade.

The last repair was 2 weeks ago and I found that afterwards attempting to open the boot "hands free" no longer works. I thought perhaps there was some setting I couldn't find that needed re-setting. In fact a number of the earlier settings needed putting back the way they were. Screen switched off etc..

Went back to dealership and explained to service advisor who conferred with 2 so called "experts" and I was then asked "Did it ever work as that option/facility is not on the C-Class only the S class!". I assured them I had been using that facility regularly for a year. I was then told by a passing service technician (mechanic in my day) that "I had a very rare car as the C-Class doesn't have that option and he had never seen one.

According to theC-Class manual pp101 onwards there is a detailed description of the hands free boot opening and it does not mention it as an option as it is standard?!

The earliest they say they can look at the car is nearly 2 months off which is diabolical. I took it to a Merc Indy who suggested that in the software upgrade the facility might have been designated as "not present" but obviously I want the repair under warranty.

Could anyone confirm please that the C-Class does have the hands free boot opening I have been using for over a year now? It is quite worrying that 2 of the service personnel are convinced it doesn't!

Thanks.

John

Hands free is part of the Keyless Go setup. Mine's got it because it comes with the Premium Pack. It's not fitted as standard, cars fitted with it have chrome topped door handles. It can be switched on and off by pressing the "close" button on the key for a few seconds if I remember correctly.

Thanks for confirmation. I have AMG Premium pack so as you say should have facility.

Tried key holding close for a few seconds but all that happens is that it either opens or closes unless I misunderstood.

Just read the manual, put the key in the ignition to restore all functions. (Pull out the silver "Start" button).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom