C class c320 year 06 avantagrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seanposs

Car
Ford focus estate turbo diesel 51 plate
86 k 3 merc service history an 4 independent service history. Out got to look out for ...? getting 3 months warranty
£5750.
2 owners. No sat nav built in, 30 Ltr 6 speed auto 17"5 Alloys. Multi steering gear change on steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Seanposs said:
86 k 3 merc service history an 4 independent service history. Out got to look out for ...? getting 3 months warranty £5750. 2 owners. No sat nav built in, 30 Ltr 6 speed auto 17"5 Alloys. Multi steering gear change on steering wheel. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Attachments

• image-1281179368.jpg
    image-1281179368.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 36
  • image-673432665.jpg
    image-673432665.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image-2077368483.jpg
    image-2077368483.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3346076713.jpg
    image-3346076713.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-3623220688.jpg
    image-3623220688.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-320287091.jpg
    image-320287091.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 33
  • image-4153499312.jpg
    image-4153499312.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 35
Seems a pretty average to low specification car for the price, as for the warranty, 3 months is the minimum a dealer has to offer I believe?

DSM10000 said:
Seems a pretty average to low specification car for the price, as for the warranty, 3 months is the minimum a dealer has to offer I believe?
So worth getting would you say ? I'm new to Mercs I've been sending msgs on here for donkeys as everyone I looked at on eBay an auto trader, if I don't get 1 never will my girlfriend is sick of hearing shall I get it or not ha ha. I don't want to get ripped off that's all, plus got a mate saying do you need it ? As I've had a ford focus turbo diesel for 6 years now 167 k miles I've looked after it dropped oil n changed filters every 4 k an always used castrol magnatech 5w30 I swear by the engine oil I used to use 10w40 magnatech in my Suzuki Gsxr 600. Both engines sound real good.
I want to do this to next car I get but if merc probably have wires, plug ins an all rest so will need laptop connections to do it all ??? As much technology in them?

Seems like a lot of money for a W203?

Couple of grand more will get you into a 204...

An early W204 (57) in base spec and 1.8 kompressor M271 156bhp will cost around 8k?

Any W204 with more powerful engine will cost more.

Going to look at it this week or weekend is there out I need to look out for? I've done a what car check all seems ok.

Price seems about right to me, assuming it's from a trader. As a comparison, a local trader has for sale a W203 C220 CDI Sport 2006 (06 reg) 87,000 miles, FSH for £7.295 which is a little over priced to my mind.

The one you've posted pics of looks as though it has factory tints, same as my W203.
Don't be fooled by the 'Telephone' buttons on the audio and steering wheel. All these models have them (cost cutting exercise I think) but not all have the necessary pre-wired installation in the armrest. That one doesn't have it. The way to distinguish is a small aerial on the back screen and an additional side opening section on top of the centre armrest, where the bluetooth adaptor plugs in.

There were several wheel size options on these cars, both diameter and width, mine has the staggered 17" wheels, (Adharaz, the same as in your pics) 7.5J front & 8.5J rear, but there was also the option of 7.5J all round I believe.

One thing to check is to make sure the engine reaches normal operating temperature 80º+ fairly quickly. I would think you know that diesels take longer to warm up that petrol engines though. Failed thermostats is fairly common on these.
Mine doesn't have comand (built in sat-nav) but I think TomTom are a much better option anyway.

Also check all electrics are working and no error messages in the dashboard display. You can also check when the next service is due, by scrolling through the menus using the steering wheel buttons.

I do my own oil and filter changes, etc., and it's straight forward and easy enough, as is replacing brake pads, discs etc. Just one thing to note, these cars don't have a dipstick, the oil level is checked electronically using the steering wheel buttons. Engine oil needs to meet the appropriate MB Approved specs.

There was also an optional 6 disc CD multi-changer available for the standard Audio 20 and is fitted in the glove box.

If you want to familiarise yourself with any aspects of the car before viewing it, this may help... it's the USA version of the handbook, but will be similar to the UK one, although it doesn't cover diesels. https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digita...30_c280_c350_c230c350sport_c280c3504matic.pdf

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.

Hey thanks mike that is very helpful thanks I will look at that link. Wish had dipstick i like to check specially when put new oil in castrol magnatech as it takes long time for it to start changing to the jet black colour. So it hasnt got phone thingy in it?is it expensive job to get it done..! Plus I been looking at built in dash sat nav for c class on eBay unless it's for the newer year? Not cheap like £599. Folding cover.

grumpyoldgit said:
Price seems about right to me, assuming it's from a trader. As a comparison, a local trader has for sale a W203 C220 CDI Sport 2006 (06 reg) 87,000 miles, FSH for £7.295 which is a little over priced to my mind. The one you've posted pics of looks as though it has factory tints, same as my W203. Don't be fooled by the 'Telephone' buttons on the audio and steering wheel. All these models have them (cost cutting exercise I think) but not all have the necessary pre-wired installation in the armrest. That one doesn't have it. The way to distinguish is a small aerial on the back screen and an additional side opening section on top of the centre armrest, where the bluetooth adaptor plugs in. There were several wheel size options on these cars, both diameter and width, mine has the staggered 17" wheels, (Adharaz, the same as in your pics) 7.5J front & 8.5J rear, but there was also the option of 7.5J all round I believe. One thing to check is to make sure the engine reaches normal operating temperature 80º+ fairly quickly. I would think you know that diesels take longer to warm up that petrol engines though. Failed thermostats is fairly common on these. Mine doesn't have comand (built in sat-nav) but I think TomTom are a much better option anyway. Also check all electrics are working and no error messages in the dashboard display. You can also check when the next service is due, by scrolling through the menus using the steering wheel buttons. I do my own oil and filter changes, etc., and it's straight forward and easy enough, as is replacing brake pads, discs etc. Just one thing to note, these cars don't have a dipstick, the oil level is checked electronically using the steering wheel buttons. Engine oil needs to meet the appropriate MB Approved specs. There was also an optional 6 disc CD multi-changer available for the standard Audio 20 and is fitted in the glove box. If you want to familiarise yourself with any aspects of the car before viewing it, this may help... it's the USA version of the handbook, but will be similar to the UK one, although it doesn't cover diesels. https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2006_c230_c280_c350_c230c350sport_c280c3504matic.pdf Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.
I've got pic from trader of c class next service is 13 k an it's A service. So that's the cheapest of cheapest services think. To change oil n filter probably do, but do you have plug into car computer with lead into laptop to reset miles again another service when due. ?? Or you do it all on steering wheel ?

Think gone have to purchase Haynes manual. Like I've done with motorbikes, an cars. Bet can't get them for this ????

So it hasnt got phone thingy in it?is it expensive job to get it done..! Plus I been looking at built in dash sat nav for c class on eBay unless it's for the newer year? Not cheap like £599. Folding cover.

The cost of retro fitting an original MB phone install is prohibitive, but there are alternatives such as Parrot or another one I can't remember the name of right now, but if you use the forum search option there are plenty of posts covering the subject.
I believe the built in sat-navs fitted to these cars are a bit outdated now, but I've never seen one in operation so can't really advise you on that score. A TomTom or Garmin is not only a cheaper option, but can be moved easily to any future cars.

I've got pic from trader of c class next service is 13 k an it's A service. So that's the cheapest of cheapest services think. To change oil n filter probably do, but do you have plug into car computer with lead into laptop to reset miles again another service when due. ?? Or you do it all on steering wheel ?

The service reset can be done using the wheel buttons and there are several videos on how to do it on YouTube. Yes an A service is the cheapest, oil, filters, coolant check/level and general inspection.

Think gone have to purchase Haynes manual. Like I've done with motorbikes, an cars. Bet can't get them for this ????

The W203 is one of the very few Mercedes models that is covered by a Haynes Manual #4780 - but unfortunately it doesn't include anything to do with the 6 cylinder engines. Only 4 & 5 cylinders.

One more thing I've just thought of.... keys
Spare keys for Mercedes are really expensive, mine came with only one so I negotiated with the trader on price of the car. It cost me £227 for a second key from a main dealer 18 months ago. It's either main dealer for these, or there are a few posts on here regarding one other place that claims to be able to supply them.

Last edited:
grumpyoldgit said:
The cost of retro fitting an original MB phone install is prohibitive, but there are alternatives such as Parrot or another one I can't remember the name of right now, but if you use the forum search option there are plenty of posts covering the subject. I believe the built in sat-navs fitted to these cars are a bit outdated now, but I've never seen one in operation so can't really advise you on that score. A TomTom or Garmin is not only a cheaper option, but can be moved easily to any future cars. The service reset can be done using the wheel buttons and there are several videos on how to do it on YouTube. Yes an A service is the cheapest, oil, filters, coolant check/level and general inspection. The W203 is one of the very few Mercedes models that is covered by a Haynes Manual #4780 - but unfortunately it doesn't include anything to do with the 6 cylinder engines. Only 4 & 5 cylinders. One more thing I've just thought of.... keys Spare keys for Mercedes are really expensive, mine came with only one so I negotiated with the trader on price of the car. It cost me £227 for a second key from a main dealer 18 months ago. It's either main dealer for these, or there are a few posts on here regarding one other place that claims to be able to supply them.
. Thanks again mister mike very useful info. Lot of things to take in.
Think might stick with my ford focus t diesel estate 167 k but be nice going out for cruise in c class press the cruise control.

Dipstick

it will have a dipstick.
my 2005 c320 cdi has

merc-c said:
it will have a dipstick. my 2005 c320 cdi has
can you help ? I've bought it c class c320 hearing a noise now only when moving like how can I put this when I was a young one my bmx bike used to get pegs an playing cards an fasten the cards to the back wheel against the spokes the faster I went it made the noise. That's the only way I can describe it can anyone help ? When you stopped still no noise at all only when travelling

Cool car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom