C Class Cabriolet C300 or 250d?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgh

Car
E Class Cabriolet E220d 2020
Looking to change to either of these, I know the 250d engine well but test drove the C300 and really liked it.

Trouble is, I'll do around 25k miles. Should me head or my heart win!?

When I bought my Coupé, I was trying to decide between the C300 and the C250d (possibly with 4MATIC) because I love it in my wife's GLC. Test-drove a C300 Cabriolet (which convinced me I wouldn't have a soft-top) and a C250d Coupé (which sealed it for the petrol engine).

the petrol engine is current generation and the diesel is old generation (new diesels in E class)

Agreed, why would you want to listen to diesel clatter with the roof down. I just bought the c200 for that reason.

Doing 25k per year, one would assume you sit on the motorway, cruise control on some, if not most of the time.

If that's the case you'll unlikely have the roof down on the motorway? (The buffing done my head in after the novelty worn off) and engine note is impossible to tell when cruising IMO.

Go for the diesel.

Some good opinions here, its a tricky one.

Motorway makes up the majority of my weekly commute but weekends is the time for twisty a and b roads.

I've decided to go for the 250d AMG Line Premium Plus.
Selenite Grey, Cranberry Red Interior, Black Roof, 5 spoke 18 wheels.
Should be picking up on the 17th June, so if the summer is over by then you know who to blame.....;-)

Good choice with the mileage you're doing. Just remember you'll need to top up the adblue quite often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom