C Class Coupe - Baby Seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wabby

Car
C205 Coupé
Hi,

Does anybody currently have a 2015+ C Class Coupe with a Rear Facing Baby Seat installed on ISOFIX that can put my mind at rest and show me a picture or confirm that the passenger will still be able to get into the car after the seat is put in the back?

If not, looks like our lass will be staying at home whilst me and the baby go out :thumb::dk:

Look for the Car wow video on YouTube, they fit a child seat in the back, it's not easy though.
I think your wife will start insisting you use the other car after a couple of times.
I've got the coupe and love it because I'm selfish apparently lol. It's very impractical definitely not a family car. It's great if you don't want to take the in laws out because they can't get in the back.

We had and very much enjoyed the previous version (C204) and I think the current version will be similar in terms of rear access and space.

One of the reasons we recently changed it to what we have now was the awkwardness of fitting/removing baby seats in the back. This was a forward facing seat too (for our eldest grandchild who was a toddler). Didn't try a reverse facing seat (which we would need now for our younger grandchildren). May be OK if attaching to an ISOfix base, though still likely to be awkward IMHO.

As for clearance/room for the front seat passenger or driver, I guess that also depends on how long your/her legs are?

It will be possible but front seat will need to be way forward and it will be a fiddle. Ok for occassional trips but tiring if frequent. We've taken my youngest in an isofix forward face seat since he was 20 months (in my clk) and it is ok, but a bit of a faff to get him in. CLK is a second / Sunday car for us so the hassle is ok. Daily hack is a Mondeo. Chosen specifically for massive cabin and ease of kiddie transportation!

We have a Qashqai for the daily, just wanted to put my mind at rest that we can still use the Benz if required and it looks like we can, at a squeeze :)

Cheers guys.

This is definitely a problem. A rear facing seat has been proven to be the safest for children. I for one think my child's safety is more important than anything. But Mercedes rear seats mostly slope towards the back quite a bit, making it difficult to find a seat that isn't going to be too upright for the tots. Then there's the issue of not a lot of room behind the front seats, even in the C saloon.

From birth we couldn't find a suitable ISOFIX r/f seat that was the right angle, so we used one held by the seat belts. A bit of a faff getting it in and out, but it was worth it.

At around 18 months it was time for a larger (group 1) seat. But the latest r/f ISOFIX seats are so bulky and most with only a limited range of recline. After a lot of searching and trying out different models, the only one that fitted the bill was a Cybex Sirona. It's a shallower seat that can be used without severely restricting the front seat movement range and it also has a good recline range to compensate for the rear seat slope. An added advantage is that it rotates, which makes it far easier to get our two-year old in and out, especially when she's fallen asleep. We have it in our saloon, but I'm sure it would be equally useful in the coupe.

My son has a coupe and while the car seat fits it needs some compromise in the front seat position but that's also true of the same seat in my W204 saloon.

When his 1st child was born I gave him 12 months before the coupe was traded in for a 4 door. A baby in an isofix car seat gets seriously heavy to lift in and out and it's very awkward to do in a coupe. He's about to succumb at 10 months.

This is definitely a problem. A rear facing seat has been proven to be the safest for children. I for one think my child's safety is more important than anything. But Mercedes rear seats mostly slope towards the back quite a bit, making it difficult to find a seat that isn't going to be too upright for the tots. Then there's the issue of not a lot of room behind the front seats, even in the C saloon.

From birth we couldn't find a suitable ISOFIX r/f seat that was the right angle, so we used one held by the seat belts. A bit of a faff getting it in and out, but it was worth it.

At around 18 months it was time for a larger (group 1) seat. But the latest r/f ISOFIX seats are so bulky and most with only a limited range of recline. After a lot of searching and trying out different models, the only one that fitted the bill was a Cybex Sirona. It's a shallower seat that can be used without severely restricting the front seat movement range and it also has a good recline range to compensate for the rear seat slope. An added advantage is that it rotates, which makes it far easier to get our two-year old in and out, especially when she's fallen asleep. We have it in our saloon, but I'm sure it would be equally useful in the coupe.

We have the Cybex range of car seats too - currently a Sirona in our Mondeo and something forward-facing but ISOFIX in the Mercedes (our son is now nearly 4). But both from Cybex range. Good seats and bought for the same reason that they are not "too" bulky. Also get rave reviews for safety.

Currently use a Maxi-Cosi AxissFix in our C63 saloon for the grandson, fits easily with isofix and top tether (should be OK for the Coupe I checked the fitting list). The seat swivels to allow easy access and we've just started using it front facing too. The seat reclines and our grandson's head has never flopped forward as can be the case with some seats.

Daughter uses the same seat in the back of their Mini which has zero room in the back, so not as bulky as those with a "foot".

My recommendation would be to go to a good retailer and ask to try various seats in your own car.

RR

The seat is also I-Size compliant too.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom