C Class Estate Night Package Restriction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom09

Car
A1
Tried searching a couple of MB forums for an answer but can't seem to find anything so wondered if anyone here could help. I ordered a c class estate 29/04/17 with the night package and was given a build date for July.

Email this week from the dealer said my car can't be ordered yet as their stock controller has said there is a a factory restriction on all models with the night package and will mean there is no guarantee when I will now get the car. End of October was the only estimate.

Has anyone else experienced issues ordering any model or the c class estate with the night package? Do these factory restrictions come into efffect regularly or not?

Seems a little strange and not sure if I'm being fobbed off by the dealer due to an error their side.

Cheers for any help!

I was told a similar story when I wanted 360 cameras, I decided not to bother with the cameras.
It seems ridiculous that a company like MB can afford to keep loosing money because they can't supply options they're offering . I wonder if BMW and Audi do the same thing?

Sounds like they might be short on night package parts, which is poor production planning to sag the least. As an aside my daughter has a 2017 C220d Sport Estate in Selenite Grey with night pack and 360 camera. Nice car

Thanks Steve, very odd to offer packages which are then unavailable, particularly as it still shows as an option on the configurator. Have seen a few new MB cars locally with the pack included. Just switched from Audi and not had any issues ordering with them over the years, expected same service from MB.

Cheers Geejay, yeah car looks great with the pack as you say. Maybe a call to customer services for more help maybe

My C Class estate Premium Plus comes with tinted glass to rear section of car (B pillar back) is the Night Package for the front windows only or have I misunderstood this?

If they can`t give you the spec you ordered I`d tell them where to stick it.

Hi driver200, just checked it includes roof rails, window skirts, mirrors and front grill/defuser in black...similar to this except this car has premium pack so the door handles are alluminiun...

Mercedes-Benz C Class C 220 d AMG Line Estate 2.2 5dr

Yep. OK get it now. Didn't have a problem when I ordered mine -forgot to include in my sig- can't imagine what the hold up on this really is. It's a good option though so if you can stick with it. Incidentally, what engine have you ordered?

Last edited:
Know what you mean, wasn't impressed when I was told. If I go elsewhere I'll have a 3-4 month wait which would be similar timing to delivery of the car (provided they still build it though!)

Know what you mean, wasn't impressed when I was told. If I go elsewhere I'll have a 3-4 month wait which would be similar timing to delivery of the car (provided they still build it though!)
What engine have you gone for and did you get a decent discount?:thumb:

Yep. OK get it now. Didn't have a problem when I ordered mine -forgot to include in my sig- can't imagine what the hold up on this really is. It's a good option though so if you can stick with it. Incidentally, what engine have you ordered?

It's the c200 petrol with the new 9g gearbox, yeah no idea-will try and get some sense from customer services and let everyone know. I'd be interested to know how many people are affected by the restriction if it applies to all models in the MB group

... sorry, discount was £8,250, sales chap has been very good so far, appreciates frustration

Last edited:
It's the c200 petrol with the new 9g gearbox, yeah no idea-will try and get some sense from customer services and let everyone know. I'd be interested to know how many people are affected by the restriction if it applies to all models in the MB group

... sorry, discount was £8,250, sales chap has been very good so far, appreciates frustration

Nice discount. PCP or Cash? Incidentally, why did you choose Petrol over Diesel?

Nice discount. PCP or Cash? Incidentally, why did you choose Petrol over Diesel?

PCP, local dealer matched two cheaper offers nationally. Only because of uncertainty with diesel cars at the moment and don't do high mileage each week or motorwys. Mainly small journeys to work/weekends :thumb:

PCP, local dealer matched two cheaper offers nationally. Only because of uncertainty with diesel cars at the moment and don't do high mileage each week or motorwys. Mainly small journeys to work/weekends :thumb:

Out of curiousity did you compare the same car both in petrol and diesel and what was the £ difference?

Out of curiousity did you compare the same car both in petrol and diesel and what was the £ difference?

£2,200 difference between the two although not been able to test drive the 9g yet as it's just come in I think on c class

£2,200 difference between the two although not been able to test drive the 9g yet as it's just come in I think on c class

I believe the 9g has been around for a while, I have it on mine. Assume the diesel was more expense than the petrol?

Only because of uncertainty with diesel cars at the moment and don't do high mileage each week or motorways. Mainly small journeys to work/weekends :thumb:

And diesels are dirty and sound like tractors :thumb:

I believe the 9g has been around for a while, I have it on mine. Assume the diesel was more expense than the petrol?

Yep petrol was the cheaper, quite a jump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom