C124 roofbars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will be interesting to see what these go for.

They are a very useful bit of kit indeed if you are a CE owner.

Someone was selling a pair on another forum a few years ago, offers invited. I happened to meet him one day at a club event, and in conversation, offered him £50, which he took umbridge to. A month or so later, with still no interest on the forum, he sold them to someone else - for £50!

Ending today and no bids yet

I bought a set for the saloon off ebay a couple of weeks ago. In a similar condition, admittedly without a box, and I paid £12.50. I think he may be over optimistic with his starting price.

I bought a set for the saloon off ebay a couple of weeks ago. In a similar condition, admittedly without a box, and I paid £12.50. I think he may be over optimistic with his starting price.

Not for the coupe model which is type specific. I think thats a fair starting price.

Anyway; us 124 coupe owners have been known to spend silly money on their cars:rolleyes:

Just because you got a bargain,I does not make them expensive.I`ve seen C124 ones go for over 100

As already mentioned, these are specific to the CE and usually go for £100+.

A generic thule set from halfords would cost that.

I stand corrected, I incorrectly assumed they would have a similar value to saloon ones. Though the lack of bids does somewhat support my theory about the sp being too high.

As already mentioned, these are specific to the CE and usually go for £100+.

A generic thule set from halfords would cost that.

If indeed they are still available

Has anyone ever noticed a coupé being driven with a roofbox up top?

Has anyone ever noticed a coupé being driven with a roofbox up top?

Mine has had a couple of bikes on the top, never tried our roof box but can't rule it out in the future.

Though the lack of bids does somewhat support my theory about the sp being too high.

Only a fool bids early on ebay surely?

W124CE drivers are not fools it seems.

And I was one who wanted to buy them!

In my defence you can get them for an SLK and Boxster, and I'm sticking to that!!!!

you can get a "roof" rack for the boot of the convertible.

I'm always a last second bidder, but now that I have a roof box for my 211 estate, it's horses for courses, load lugging wise, so won't be bidding. I think the only reason I ever wanted them, to be honest, was to see the mounting design at work, but it will be interesting to see the final price.

Anyway, the roof bars for my 124 cab remain unsold, so I can always use those!

Good job and bang on the money...

I shouldnt say this but.... I did a dump run on the weekend and threw away a number of attachments for this particular roof rack. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom