C124 sportline shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

Is anyone able to point me on the direction of a suitable replacement rear shock for a 1993 c124 300ce with no self levelling suspension

Thank you

The car has sportline from the factory

Thanks

SKS auto parts will probably be the cheapest source, googling sachs 106 878 will get you some other suppliers

Or have a look on eBay.de, there should be good availability and good value for Bilstein B4's.

Or have a look on eBay.de, there should be good availability and good value for Bilstein B4's.

B4s are designed for standard ride

Have a look here: Parts catalogue

Use the Bilstein part number when searching online. I think this is the correct B4 listed for your car but double check: 24-016124 ''Type Sportline''

Last edited:
Have a look here: Parts catalogue

Use the Bilstein part number when searching online. I think this is the correct B4 listed for your car but double check: 24-016124 ''Type Sportline''

Original dampers on my Sportline were Sachs. I would replace with the same.

Mine currently has a Bilstein B12 spring/damper kit that includes the B8 dampers. Harsher than standard but not too much so. My son likes it but I'm tempted to go back to Sportline springs and original spec Sachs dampers.

I can find the numbers for the Sachs dampers, if you need.

Good luck with yours.

RayH

Probably because MB generally know what they are doing...?

Give your chassis number to an MB dealer and find out what the part is. The cabrio with sportline is a superb package, really compliant yet much flatter through corners than a standard W124, and I suspect a coupe, with none of the rigidity issues of a cabrio will be much better. When I rebuilt the suspension on my 190 2.5 16 I reverted to stock (removing the awful riding Konis) which was pretty much sportline (Sachs and Boges) and the ride and handling became absolutely superb.

Probably because MB generally know what they are doing...?

Quite.

And I've tried both. Sportline is supple but controlled. Handles Autobahn and Dordogne with equally civilised responses.

No complaints about Bilstein B12, only advancing years.

RayH

For anyone who's interested, the original Sportline dampers are:

Front: Sachs: 115 070

Rear: Sachs: 106 879

RayH

Give your chassis number to an MB dealer and find out what the part is. The cabrio with sportline is a superb package, really compliant yet much flatter through corners than a standard W124, and I suspect a coupe, with none of the rigidity issues of a cabrio will be much better. When I rebuilt the suspension on my 190 2.5 16 I reverted to stock (removing the awful riding Konis) which was pretty much sportline (Sachs and Boges) and the ride and handling became absolutely superb.

Sachs/Boge super touring with OEM springs is an excellent combo

For anyone who's interested, the original Sportline dampers are:

Front: Sachs: 115 070

Rear: Sachs: 106 879

RayH

I think Sachs was used on the early cars,the later ones had bilstein

I'm uncertain which Bilstein dampers are "Sportline" spec. Is it the B4, B6 or B8?

RayH

Sachs on mine from Factory Dash FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom