c180k (w203) ipod/ phone connectivity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonunit100

Car
Cls350 petrol 2006
Hi everyone!
I have just become the proud owner of a 2007 C180K SE (w203). I have been looking into the possibility of connecting my ipod and my phone (an HTC device). I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the amount of options/variations.
For information, the car has an Audio 20 head unit with no CD changer fitted. When I press the CDC button, I get a message something like "aux active" displayed. I have looked in the glovebox for the aux headphone jack but it doesn't appear to be fitted, I have found the round ' blank' that needs to be popped out to allow it to be fitted. I don't want to spend big here and get an ipod kit, just a simple way to connect the ipod via the aux mode. So what is the best, easiest and cheapest way of connecting? Is it the glovebox option or is there an aux input jack directly on the back of the head unit?
Also, in the armrest, there is a small connector which I guess is for a phone or maybe an ipod. Can anybody tell me what it is and how I can use it for phone or ipod?
Sorry to be asking a question that appears to have been partly answered elsewhere but as I said, the variations are starting to confuse me! I just wanna listen to my ipod!
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick answer npuk. So the basic ipod connectivity is pretty cheap and simple while the bluetooth phone connectivity is not so cheap but extremely simple!
That certainly removes my confusion but i have just given myself another option while checking out eBay. A shop on there are selling replacement head units that boast Bluetooth and iPod connectivity as well as sat nav and a host of other stuff. The ipod lead plus the Bluetooth unit would work out about £250, the replacement head unit with colour screen about £400 but then I could sell my audio 20 unit. So now I wonder whether to just bite the bullet and pay a little extra to have all the functionality. Too many decisions!
Does anyone here have any experience with these type of retrofit colour screen type head units?

It's not a Dynavin is it?
No personal experience but they get very bad reviews.

No, not a dynavin. There are a couple of different ones on there both with very good feedback but it would be good to hear opinions of you guys on here about the options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom