C220 2014 media playback options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

degsie

Car
c220
First time poster, so please be gentle :p

So have a C220 cdi (w204?) executive ce diesel estate and am exploring music playback options. What I have found so far, I can connect via bluetooth and play media, I can play CD's and I can play mp3 files from the usb connector in the armrest via a thumbdrive. I don't have an aux in (3.5mm) anywhere and I don't see any other type of interface apart from the sat nav connector in the glovebox.

If I connect an iPod to usb I can play back music but the folders appear as F00, F01... and the music files appear as random 4 character filenames. If I connect my SanDisk mp3 player in mtp mode I get 'no playable media'.

On center armrest there is what appears to be a small blanking plate alongside the usb connector.

So, the question is how do I go about getting aux/iPod/mp3 player integration? Is this an option if not factory fitted? Is it a diy or dealer job?

Thanks for reading.

Edit: should have mentioned that my audio system is Audio 20 (at least that's the manual that came with the car)

Last edited:
On mine, there is a socket next to the USB connector that will fit one of these connectors

Mercedes Interface | eBay

to which you can connect iPod, 3.5mm plug etc. If yours just has a blanking plate it may not have been fitted as an option?

I found the most convenient media is the USB socket. I bought a 32GB tiny USB drive and put all of my music on to it

Yeah, I suspected the media interface wasn't fitted which is odd to me given the age and spec of the car. I just happen to have an iPod and mp3 player I was hoping to utilise. Is it a big job to retrofit the MI option? Thanks.

That's good information, unfortunately I don't live in the UK. Seems like a lot of hassle anyway, will probably just use what's already there, USB playback is ok.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom