C220 CDI Coupe Exhaust pipes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jdepport

Car
2012 C220 CDI Coupe AMG Sport
Hi All,

This may be a stupid question, but we collected our C220 CDI Coupe yesterday and I was surprised to see only a single tail pipe located in the rear passenger side.

I was under the impression that the non C-63 AMG models in the UK came with twin single tail pipes. (I.e. one tail pipe each side of the rear of the car, as opposed to the double twin pipes on a C63), not just one single. Certainly all the pictures I can find of UK models show them in this way? :dk:

I could very well be missing something but just wanted to check with those who know much more than me!

If the car is spec'd wrong, what are my options as my Girlfriend was the one to collect the car and has signed everything already!

Thanks guys, and have a great weekend!

J

Hi All,

This may be a stupid question, but we collected our C220 CDI Coupe yesterday and I was surprised to see only a single tail pipe located in the rear passenger side.

I was under the impression that the non C-63 AMG models in the UK came with twin single tail pipes. (I.e. one tail pipe each side of the rear of the car, as opposed to the double twin pipes on a C63), not just one single. Certainly all the pictures I can find of UK models show them in this way? :dk:

I could very well be missing something but just wanted to check with those who know much more than me!

If the car is spec'd wrong, what are my options as my Girlfriend was the one to collect the car and has signed everything already!

Thanks guys, and have a great weekend!

J

Nope. Single pipe is correct.

It's only the C350 Coupe petrol that has a single pipe on either side. The brochures do tend to show this model, but if you look at the model designation, it'll be a 350. All the other models, barring the C63, have the single outlet on the rear passenger side.

It's only the C350 Coupe petrol that has a single pipe on either side. The brochures do tend to show this model, but if you look at the model designation, it'll be a 350. All the other models, barring the C63, have the single outlet on the rear passenger side.

C350CDI has the dual single exhaust pipes too I think.

C350CDI has the dual single exhaust pipes too I think.

The Coupe doesn't have the option of the C350 in the diesel - unless that changes with the MY13 when it's 'unveiled'.

I've seen E class models with 220 engines and single pipe each side.

Also I 'think' its an option on the E.

If I were you I would look at retrofitting it, which bit of exhaust would you need and cost. It just looks more finished off imho and balanced.

Saying that my E320cdi has no exhausts on show...

I've seen E class models with 220 engines and single pipe each side.

On the W211 on the Sports Editions models for the E220s did come with single pipe each side. not sure about the W212 though as only seen them with a single pipe so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom