C220 CDI halagon headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redcar56

Car
C220 CDI AMG
Hi, I'm off to Europe and cannot seem to find out if my headlights need stickers on them. Can anyone help please

May be an option in the car settings menu. Which year/version of C220 do you have?

You will for halogen. It's Xenons that can adapt as they have a curtain/shield that moves.

May be an option in the car settings menu. Which year/version of C220 do you have?

Hi it's a 2014, 204, CDi AMG premium plus, the book says with Halagon lights you don't need to do anything. Just asked dealer and they said some have a lever behind the headlight to adjust, he checked mine and it doesn't.
There parts guy checked parts and Mercedes don't so a sticker for headlights.
Just trying to avoid crap from French police.

Last edited:
Some halogens are OK - a BMW I had didn't need adjusting because the beam pattern was symmetrical. My S211 had the little levers (bi-xenons on that car) which were a right pain unless you had fingers the width of a five year olds and the length of a broom handle. My current car just adjusts to a flat beam (symmetrical) pattern by way of an option in the lighting menu on the dashboard. But I've known people drive frequently in France doing nothing more than turning the beam adjuster to set them at their lowest level.

Thanks for your reply, the book says they are symmetrical so that makes sense that they don't need adjusting as the handbook says.
Many thanks
Martin

My 2010 C220 has a little lever protruding out from below the dipped headlight reflector.
Get a mirror and flash light and from behind, remove the cover as if you were changing the bulb and check to see if you have one sticking out.
If you have, you must move it sideways to the other end of the slot. Note that left and right lights go in different directions, and it hurts your finger tips LIKE HELL.
Tip, cut a finger off the wife's gardening gloves, and use it as finger protection.
Tony

My 2010 C220 has a little lever protruding out from below the dipped headlight reflector.
Get a mirror and flash light and from behind, remove the cover as if you were changing the bulb and check to see if you have one sticking out.
If you have, you must move it sideways to the other end of the slot. Note that left and right lights go in different directions, and it hurts your finger tips LIKE HELL.
Tip, cut a finger off the wife's gardening gloves, and use it as finger protection.
Tony

Hi Tony. My local dealer checked and there is no lever, appears they changed that early 2014. No manual says no action needed I am going by that
Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom