C220 CDI paint/wrap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

euan454

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG
Hey folks, im new to this club, this is my first post!
I have recently purchased a 2011 red C220 CDI Bluetec with the pana roof. I am loving it so far. At the moment I only have small subtle mods planned. De-badge the back and the bluetec badge on the side and get the alloys sprayed gloss black.

I was just wondering what peoples opinions on wrapping are? Also if anyone has had it done and has any photos? I have been thinking about possibly going matte army green or another matte colour.

Also it would be good to see other peoples subtle mods. I do not want to do anything that will take the Mercedes class look away.

Cheers, Euan :rock:

Yeah that's a good point and I agree. But it would be good to see what other people have done :)

Must admit to quite liking the effects these guys get by using Plastidip (not on a Merc but you get the idea..) skip to 3:40..

[YOUTUBE HD]fuLGkXq66Bo[/YOUTUBE HD]

High Gloss version.. skip to 7:30

[YOUTUBE HD]zrLT9QccQm8[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:
I do quite like that! Especially the matte version in the first video Would certainly stand out that's for sure :L

euan454 said:
I do not want to do anything that will take the Mercedes class look away

Make it faster not a green wrap :eek: :dk:

Subtle mods on this brand look better than in your face ones I think. Just don't go putting any AMG badges or body parts on it and you'll be fine, lol

Make it faster not a green wrap :eek: :dk:

Subtle mods on this brand look better than in your face ones I think. Just don't go putting any AMG badges or body parts on it and you'll be fine, lol

Yeah I do plan to make it faster, that was going to be another post. Im not sure not too sure about which option to go for. I have seen inline map options and I dont know much about them. Also yes, I most definitely wont be putting any AMG badges and body parts on it :eek:

Been wrapping cars for years now, looks superb on the right car, not as easy as it looks, prep and correct temperature conditions are the key to success. I'll post some pics of some merc's i've wrapped later this evening....

Been wrapping cars for years now, looks superb on the right car, not as easy as it looks, prep and correct temperature conditions are the key to success. I'll post some pics of some merc's i've wrapped later this evening....

Nice one mate, looking forward to seeing them!

I don't wish to rain on your parade but be careful as red mercs have an ongoing paintwork issue, you may be lucky, but if you wrap it then discover the tiny blisters / bubbles many other owners have and are still experiencing (full bare metal resprays required under warranty) Mercedes may wash their hands for any future claims

I don't wish to rain on your parade but be careful as red mercs have an ongoing paintwork issue, you may be lucky, but if you wrap it then discover the tiny blisters / bubbles many other owners have and are still experiencing (full bare metal resprays required under warranty) Mercedes may wash their hands for any future claims

Ah not good. Thanks for that! I haven't had any paint problems so far so fingers crossed! I have since changed my mind about the wrap anyway haha. Decided that im not going to do it!

Nice one mate, looking forward to seeing them!

As requested, a few of the nicer cars i've done....!

My current daily (that I dont even use now!)

Fiesta ST in matt metallic dark grey (3M 1080 vinyl)

Audi S5 in the same colour as above...

My old 370Z wrapped in metallic gloss white (black rose underneath) (loved this car!)

Focus RS500 replica in matt black (same 3M vinyl used to wrap them from factory) (blimmin tricky that one!)

Golf GTi in pearl white

Friends A3 almost finished (cheaper than a respray, car was a dog....)

Friends RRS (chavmobile!)

Matt white Puma

Bike wrap - very tricky to do these...

Old beemer...

My old Sl500 (looked awesome!)

It was matt white beforehand (originally black!)

Quick spruce up on my old van!

Audi S4

Was white before that! (originally dogknob red!)

Carbon fibre wrap....

That's all I can find at the mo!!

^ those metallic white gloss ones look the business, didn't think they'd look that shiny

How much does this set a customer back in general?

All depends on the car really, an average size gloss white car would be around the £1000 mark, about £1200 including door shuts!

cfoster said:
All depends on the car really, an average size gloss white car would be around the £1000 mark, about £1200 including door shuts!

Certainly a lot cheaper than a respray, how long does it take? Sorry for all the questions, got my mind ticking now!

All depends on me tbh!! I can turn one round in 3 days, other takes a week or two, as its a sideline job (been doing signs for 15 years!) I have to fit it around my full time job (I travel a fair bit). I'm currently in the process of having a workshop built in the back garden primarily for this purpose which will make it easier for me.

Thanks

cfoster said:
All depends on me tbh!! I can turn one round in 3 days, other takes a week or two, as its a sideline job (been doing signs for 15 years!) I have to fit it around my full time job (I travel a fair bit). I'm currently in the process of having a workshop built in the back garden primarily for this purpose which will make it easier for me. Thanks

That sounds a decent time, I'm after a white c63 but they're gone before I've even rang the dealership to enquire. Tonnes of other colour ones, getting a different one wrapped may just be a good option!

Haha oddly enough I bought a white C63 a couple of weeks ago!!

cfoster said:
Haha oddly enough I bought a white C63 a couple of weeks ago!!

If you got it from MB I probably rang up the day you bought it to be given the bad news some lucky devil had snapped it up, lol. Most of them on the approved used search are gone, can't see how hard it is to delete a listing to stop that happening :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom