C220 CDI Tappet elements....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
MB Brooklands says my GF C220 CDI Coupe needs the tappet elements replacing as its too noisey, anyone know if this is likely cause?? Cheers....

It could well be but how did they come to this conclusion.

I take it you have a tapping noise coming from the top of the engine then

It could well be but how did they come to this conclusion.

I take it you have a tapping noise coming from the top of the engine then

The car went in for some other stuff and they noted that it sounded very noisey so they called up and said they have ordered new tappet elements to be replaced...Not sure why they decided it was those though......

Have they fixed the other stuff on it.

Does it sound noisey to you i would get a second opinion though. How much have they quoted to do the job as its quite an involved job to do

Does it sound noisey to you i would get a second opinion though. How much have they quoted to do the job as its quite an involved job to do

Basically the car is out of warranty in December so it went in for a folding mirror to be fixed. While they had it they noticed the door trim was corroded on passenger side so they replaced that FOC and then called to say the engine sounded noisey and that they have ordered up tappet elements to be replaced tomorrow, all FOC though under warranty which is nice but i thought i would ask anyway!! I did notice it sounded a bit noisey compared to my C270 but wasnt sure if it was meant to be any quieter than mine or not.....:confused:

Always good to have an 'involved' job done under warranty!! :bannana:

Oh right if its under warranty then let them fill there boots if they think its noisy and want to replace them let them.

Im surprised they have done it if you havent complained about it as the dealer i used to work in we were not allowed to do extra work if the customer hadnt complained about it

Oh right if its under warranty then let them fill there boots if they think its noisy and want to replace them let them.

Im surprised they have done it if you havent complained about it as the dealer i used to work in we were not allowed to do extra work if the customer hadnt complained about it

Yes i thought that was impressive tbh that they started replacing stuff off their own backs....I guess they just invoice MB direct for it as warranty anyway but good service none the less....Thats MB Brooklands though so if you cant get good service there then you got no chance anywhere else!! I used them ever since they opened and always found them to be fantastic.....

Yeah they will invoice them direct

MB brooklands has to be the best as it is like the flagship dealer there. But as you say if you cant get good service there you have no hope anywhere else.

Im just glad i left my dealer when i did

Yeah they will invoice them direct

MB brooklands has to be the best as it is like the flagship dealer there. But as you say if you cant get good service there you have no hope anywhere else.

Im just glad i left my dealer when i did

Yes i would always use them, although when mine needs repairs i will take it to Ollie at PCS as its out of warranty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom