C220, W03 Clutch question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HITECH

Car
C220 CDI
Trying to work out the correct clutch kit / code to order. My Clutch just gave up the ghost today.
Its a late 2004 C class 2.1

646 963

203 . 008

Can somebody please help me with the part number am looking for. Would really appreciate it. Going to double check it tomorrow but am quite sure its the clutch gone.

Is this part correct ?

a0212501401 ??

trying to work out the correct clutch kit / code to order. My clutch just gave up the ghost today.
Its a late 2004 c class 2.1

646 963

203 . 008

can somebody please help me with the part number am looking for. Would really appreciate it. Going to double check it tomorrow but am quite sure its the clutch gone.

Dead End

It really is a dead end in here most of the time lately for any info. After checking the flywheel and stuff the clutch is ok but the master cylinder has started acting intermittently erratic so new one on the way. i will update when it comes and is fitted.

You dont need the part number.
Call Euro Car Parts. They have OE clutches on the shelf. You only need your reg number and they will look it up for you.
Is your duel mass flywheel ok?

It really is a dead end in here most of the time lately for any info. After checking the flywheel and stuff the clutch is ok but the master cylinder has started acting intermittently erratic so new one on the way. i will update when it comes and is fitted.

The majority of Mercedes cars are automatic so do you think this may explain the lack of response?

Churlish responses such as yours do not help the forum in any way.

Clutch Master Cylinder

Well its nothing to do with manual or automatic cars at all. More to do with people have lives and things to do themselves. It wasnt a dig. It was merely an observation. I will get back to the point now.

Im looking for info on removing the master clutch cylinder. The Haynes manual shows how to remove everything around the pedal box stuff but it is still stuck solid by something else.... a clip or something. Where abouts is this clip /bolt...whatever it is and could somebody please shed some light on final removal of it. Guy thats doing it for me would rather know and get the info than attempt brute force and breaking anything. Meantime i will look through the forum see if anybody else has posted some info on this job before. :eek:

Plastic trim and connector doing my head in HELP ! :(

I ad a go at this this morning. Its the plastic trim that is over the pedal box. i cant get it off. there is a connector on the right hand side which wont let the plastic trim come out. ive unplugged the connector but the connector socket seems to be every angle it can be to stop the plastic trim from being lowered thru it. Doing my head in. Its all i need to do to get the old part off and new part on and this plastic trim is a thorn in my side right now. Brute force is going to break something so its not an option. Anybody shed some light on this what to do with this connector socket blocking the trim to come off thru it :( SO AWKWARD TO EVEN GET A DECENT PICTURE. NO ROOM DOWN THERE. GOT THE DRIVERS SEAT OUT ASWELL ALTHOUGH A BIT POINTLESS AS STILL NO ROOM TO WORK UNDER THERE.

Attachments

• clutch cylinder trim.jpg
    clutch cylinder trim.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 14
update.......

That connector was the brake light switch and there is almost zero room to get fingers onto to it to twist it out. Guy whoes doing it miraculously managed to get it out tho. Getting old master cylinder off now and new one on in progress.......

I ad a go at this this morning. Its the plastic trim that is over the pedal box. i cant get it off. there is a connector on the right hand side which wont let the plastic trim come out. ive unplugged the connector but the connector socket seems to be every angle it can be to stop the plastic trim from being lowered thru it. Doing my head in. Its all i need to do to get the old part off and new part on and this plastic trim is a thorn in my side right now. Brute force is going to break something so its not an option. Anybody shed some light on this what to do with this connector socket blocking the trim to come off thru it :( SO AWKWARD TO EVEN GET A DECENT PICTURE. NO ROOM DOWN THERE. GOT THE DRIVERS SEAT OUT ASWELL ALTHOUGH A BIT POINTLESS AS STILL NO ROOM TO WORK UNDER THERE.

Help ? Calling all mercedes techies.

Update this morning is. the Bosch replacement master cylinder, the original plastic bolt pins which go thru the bracket and master cylinder DONT FIT on the replacement bosch one. Another issue is the end fitting on the hose is a plastic one which wont attach to the new bosch one.
Is this normal for the replacement to have to be slightly modified by fitting thinner bolts to fit it to the bracket and also customize the end of the hose to fit onto the new bosch replacement. Can one of you Merc techies help me out here please ? Thanks.

New Clutch Required

OK the clutch disintegrated and I got a new one. I have a question for one of you tekky guys who work on them regularly. See to get to the topbolts on the bell housing out is there a special tool required or does thedownpipe and manifold have to be taken apart and dropped aswell ? Can it be done without dropping manifold ? Guy doing it is halfway there and I was just talking to them the now and he said he was gonna have to make upa spanner to get to them 2 top bell housing bolts.

In progress

OK Managed to suss it out. Well mechanic working on the car did, NOT ME. A load of extensions and a wobble one together from right at the back as suggested by people around the net. Thru the transmission tunnel. I had to to be a guide at the top of the engine tho for latching the socket onto them bolts. Just wondering tho what the best way for getting them 2 top bolts back on when new clutch is in ? Any suggestions ?

Car back on the road. Got few wee niggly faults to sort. A sticking rear caliper which contributed to the clutch going no doubt. Caliper be here wednesday. Also got a 1402 and a 1408 DTC. Most probably the DPF sensor without a doubt. So DPF sensor on the way too. Should be back to normal by end of the week. Happy days. Weather getting better too. Will be nice to get out n about again.

Wee update on this. Fitted new DPF sensor. P1402 GONE. The P1408 wouldnt budge and couldnt even erase it. It was permanent. So ran a full service scan. a P2626 - "content of ash in particle filter 1.3g" "content of soot in particle emission filter 23.7g" Wow I thought not good. But wasnt quite ready to panic yet. The DPF had been replaced before I bought the car and it was evidently new, un rusty and still shiney coz i seen it with my own eyes when airbox was out. I reckon its just not been regenerating when its supposed to or maybe hasnt had chance to do a full regen on a run. So decided to continue onto a forced regen. It took about 40 minutes from start to finish. After it. Switched engine off. Erased the various codes that the ecu throws up as default during a forced regen. Also was allowed to delete the P1408. Started engine up. No engine light, zero error codes. Took it for a short run ( due to my rear sticking caliper ) and back home then done few restarts. No more codes. All clear. Im a happy chappie. Full service done aswell just for peace of mind. Sounding nice and quiet and smooth now with all the torque it is meant to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom