c250 CDI remap and other bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlossWhite

Car
C250 COUPE
Hi All,

I picked up my C250 CDI coupe yesterday (2012 model)

Ideally, I would like to give it a little boost and am thinking the best way to do so is with a Remap?

Is it worth having the DPF removal and EGR removal done? will this give higher performance gains over a remap?

I will be adding a C350 exhaust with 1 outlet either side, not quads like the c63, Would this in any way help increase power slightly, or is it done mainly for looks alone?:dk:

Many thanks in advance! :thumb:

i was thinking of remap for mine as well, but decided to learn it and get used to it first, and maybe later if boost needed go back to idea of remaping
would suggest the same. as you only just bought your new star, give it a time first maybe

Yeah, possibly.

I always expected it to be slow and not a rocket, but would like to have the map etc done ASAP.

Remap is going to give you the biggest "bang for buck". EGR delete is always going to be a worthy option, power gains will be very limited from egr alone but it will remove hot sooty air from being recirculated through your engine, cooler the air intake the denser the air. DPF may be an issue with MOT time if the tester is anal and spots any missing items in the exhaust system, some people empty the dpf out and refit so not to look any different from standard (likewise with cat converters). Exhaust system unless more free flowing than your standard exhaust will see no gains but be more pleasing to your eye. Decat / dpf removal should help though.

If you do get a remap I would be interested in knowing who you decide to use and whether you find there services good, so many differing opinions on who is good and bad.

I picked up my 2012 C250 CDI Sport saloon yesterday.

I've been researching remaps too.

I entered my vehicle registration on the Yorkshire Remaps (local to me) website, and gains of +23% power (204bhp-250bhp) and +10% torque (500Nm-550Nm). I completed a price enquiry and was quoted a price of £249 with approx. 90 mins fitting time. The map is generic for the engine model, and is not individually tailored to your car.

As a comparison I looked at a tuning box by RaceChip. Their 'Ultimate' boasts some pretty big numbers: +42bhp and +120Nm of torque. This is a box with a wiring harness created for DIY fitting. There is an option to control the tuning modes remotely via your smartphone, and this facility adds a further £50 to the price (check phone compatibility before ordering!) bringing the total price to £449

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/mer...2015/c-250-cdi-2143ccm-204hp-150kw-500nm.html

I have used Superchips for my remaps on previous cars, having over 6 years trouble free improved driving in the vehicle I've just traded in, with mpg in the 2.0 Diesel unit being increased by approx. 10% (monitored over many miles). Their website does not list the 250 CDI, so I contacted their local approved centre directly, and this was their reply:

"The car can be done however the C250 is effectively a C220 with the power already turned up, on the rolling road they achieve around 10bhp more and 25nm of torque which for £365 is not really worth doing?"

I've always classed Superchips as the leaders in remapping vehicles (maybe just because it's a name I've heard from an early age), and their response had me questioning the figures from other companies. I therefore contacted Yorkshire Remaps again, and explained what Superchips had informed me. They requested my registration number again, and after checking with their map modifiers, quoted that they were confident that their claimed +50Nm of torque was correct, but their +46bhp may have been over optimistic, but should definitely see an improvement of +40bhp.

This has me completely confused as to why different manufacturers claim such varied improvements, and has actually made me decide to hold off the remap just yet.

I look forward to hearing how you get on, and any dyno proven gains would certainly be something I'll be interested in!

Hi all,

Quick one : can the DPF be removed without a remap?

Reason being I've had two quotes one to remove the dpf for £150 from one garage.

And one quote of £300 for dpf removal + £300 for remap.

So I was wondering can I have the DPF removed at one garage then 2 weeks later take it to the other for a remap?

Will it have a negative affect on the car without the remap?

Thanks

Regarding power increases, I notice a lot of companies claim up to various increases and not an actual increase.

Hi all,

Reason being I've had two quotes one to remove the dpf for £150 from one garage.

And one quote of £300 for dpf removal + £300 for remap.

So I was wondering can I have the DPF removed at one garage then 2 weeks later take it to the other for a remap?

Will it have a negative affect on the car without the remap?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Its an MOT fail having a dpf removed and possibly illegal.

Regarding power increases, I notice a lot of companies claim up to various increases and not an actual increase.
Mine was dyno checked before and after by Celtic tuning, custom mapped so the figures are correct for mine.
They didn't use a generic map

Hi all,

If you do, it will throw an ECU error, so you need to have the ECU reprogrammed to ignore DPF errors at the same time.

I would suggest getting intouch. With MSL. Many people on here including myself have used them an they are spot on. They provide a great service and you can be confident that its not a generic map that some fella with a laptop has made.

Im from Liverpool an travelled down there. Dropped the car off an they even gave me a lift to the Bull ring which is 5-10 mins drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MOT tests are changing this year so your better to gut your dfp and map out the warning lights, Also make sure they do a good job of buffing away the welds when they put it back together so its not obvious whats been done or unless you have a friendly mot tester its fail time... MSL are the boys without doubt.

As per the other thread on DPF removal; just be aware that without a DPF, the tailpipe(s) are likely to be sooty. That's a big clue that the DPF is absent, so you may very well find it fails the MoT test from May onwards.

Alot of misconceptions here .

Dpf is not visable on a 2.1 derv W204 S204 C204 because of the bottom engine cover and testers are not looking for sooty tail pipes .

Alot of misconceptions here .

Dpf is not visable on a 2.1 derv W204 S204 C204 because of the bottom engine cover and testers are not looking for sooty tail pipes .
Still doesn't make it OK to remove it. The DPF is there for a reason and has an important job to do.

The DPF merry-go-round...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dpf , egr , etc , all bad .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Avoid NOx and particulates .
Fit this...

2018-11-17 09.14.57.jpg

^^ a super-duper cabin filter won't protect the vehicle occupants from NOx

Removing the exhaust after treatment system(s) is irresponsible from an urban air quality viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom