C250 coupe petrol - loss of power during acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c180081c

Car
C250 AMG Sport Coupe
Hi guys,

Out in the car today and had to accelerate quickly out of a junction, the car progressed fine then lost all power it would rev however no power produced and struggled to reach 50mph. Pulled over and restarted the car and all is fine, no engine light appeared, has anyone else had this issue? Seen a few instances online however all stated the CEL illuminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was driving our C250 today at various speeds up to 90mph. As long as I acclerated slowly the car ran fine. However, every time I tried to accelerate quickly the car starting hesitating all of teh time until I lifted my foort off the accelerator. This happened regardless of what speed I was doing. Any suggestions?

I was driving our C250 today at various speeds up to 90mph. As long as I acclerated slowly the car ran fine. However, every time I tried to accelerate quickly the car starting hesitating all of teh time until I lifted my foort off the accelerator. This happened regardless of what speed I was doing. Any suggestions?

I'm told it could be over boosting and shutting turbo down to protect. Get the car on a star machine asap

I'm told it could be over boosting and shutting turbo down to protect. Get the car on a star machine asap

Thanks for that. I had put in to our local Mercedes dealership last week for an MOT and told them of this fault. On collecting the car they told me they had put it on their star machine. Unfortunately, no faults were found anywhere on the vehicle. So I mixed some petrol injector cleaner with the fuel and drove it for 100 miles over the weekend. The fault is still there, so I do not know what to do next, other than mentioning to Mercedes what you have said.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom