C250TD Turbo Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
I have been researching different turbo options and have looked at the E320/S320 turbos. They seem to have the three bolt flange. Would this turbo be a direct fit or easy to fit? And would I see much power from it? Thanks

They have a slightly different flange but can be made to fit. The turbo needs to sit higher and the exhaust flange needs modifying. The oil lines are also different fittings. The biggest problem is controlling a VNT turbo with the stock ecu.

So I'm better off going for something else and making an adapter?

People on here have been very helpful in the past recommending different turbos. The problem is, I'm useless and I don't have a clue what cars they are from. Is there one that can be recommended that is easy to find and will give me at least a 100bhp extra with a tune?

I've supplied a few c250td remap ecus using the stock 6mm elements and 250hp is the safest limit before needing to change to 8mm elements.
Some alternative turbos suggested have been gt2871 , a stock e300 turbo will bolt up and give you 220hp with a remap but it doesn't clear the steering box.
Hx35 is a 350hp turbo so too big for now.

I've supplied a few c250td remap ecus using the stock 6mm elements and 250hp is the safest limit before needing to change to 8mm elements.
Some alternative turbos suggested have been gt2871 , a stock e300 turbo will bolt up and give you 220hp with a remap but it doesn't clear the steering box.
Hx35 is a 350hp turbo so too big for now.

E300 turbo option sounds good. When you say the turbo doesn't clear the steering box. Is this easy to modify? And does the turbo bolt stay up to the existing manifold and downpipe?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom