C270 02 tyre/wheel sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pegasus64

Car
c270 avengarde 2002
Hi what is the standard size wheel and tyres on a 2002 c270 avengarde and what is the best sizes to have?
Regards Simon

Do you have the manual; it's listed in there?

Is it also on the inside of the fuel filler cap for some odd reason? - If I remember correctly, that's where I found the tyre pressures.

Do you have the manual; it's listed in there?

Is it also on the inside of the fuel filler cap for some odd reason? - If I remember correctly, that's where I found the tyre pressures.
Sorry it's not the tyre pressure I want it is the standard wheel size is 16" or 17" and actual tyre size and what is the best size to use please

Unless your car came with AMG style wheels your car was probably fitted with 16" rims and possibly staggered rears.
The tyre sizes would have been 16x7 Front 205/55R16 16x8 Rears 225/50R16

If the rears weren't staggered you would have 205x55x16 all round.

Do you have something different now ?

I do not pick my car up until the weekend and was wondering if a brand new set of tyres I have on a signum would fit as had only done 100 miles before engine blue up but they are on 17" rims. Is their any Benifit to fitting bigger rims or tyres or best to stick to standed size?

I don't think your Signum rims will fit; that uses 5x110 PCD with a centre bore of 65mm.
Mercedes use 5x112 with a centre bore of 66.6mm.

Personally I don't think there's any harm in changing the tyre size a little, but your insurer may feel differently (although if it's new to you, you could always claim that's what it came with).

In theory larger wheels give a higher top speed, but lower acceleration; that's pretty academic unless it's a huge change.
Cosmetically, you might prefer the look of a tire that fills the arch a little more; you can find a taller tire (or a different ET) catches when you're turning, but it's unlikely unless it's a large change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom