C32 estate wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmp

Car
2004 E55 Saloon - 2003 C32 AMG Estate - Sold
Hi

Looking for a reasonably priced C32 estate for sale amongst members.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

David

Hi

Less than 4k depending on miles /condition etc. Don't want a project but don't mind a bit to do. Can't afford a minter!

Best

D

Ok hope you find one to suit you.Mine probably too good/low miles etc

Thanks anyway.

Any advice as to anything particular to look out for. They seem quite reliable from what I have read.

Thanks anyway.

Any advice as to anything particular to look out for. They seem quite reliable from what I have read.

Based on what I've read, generally people who buy leggier cars which need work spend a fortune on a never ending list of issues. But generally people who spend a little more for a well maintained car are reliable and not expensive to run.

They seem quite reliable from what I have read.

Lol.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my C32 estate, it is such an addictive car, but it cost me over £5k in six months which was down to me buying a leggy example.

I'd 100% strongly advise buying the best example you possibly can, because it will save you in the long run.

Buy the right one though, and they're absolutely blooming amazing cars.

Will try!

I'd consider a C55 estate too - will be the nicer facelifted W203, more reliable and higher quality (better interior/suspension/electrics etc) with very similar performance along with the superb 5.4 AMG V8 :cool:

I don't think they rust as badly as the early 203s either :thumb:

mine has been v reliable over the 7 years I've had it, only springs needed replaced early on.

Mine was a saloon , but it was a really nice car.
I did not spend much over two years, a service, suspension bushes & arms , they are heavier than you might think & taking the corners quickly does take its toll, so I would take a good look at the front suspension ball joints & bushes.

Check the rear springs , mine had theses replaced before I bought it, also see if the Intercooler pump has been changed as these can go, especially if its been remapped. Don't expect great MPG, mine was no different to my E55k , TBF that is standard & the C32 had a smaller pulley, ICP, & a remap. They are great cars....great is not an overstatement IMO, they really do get under your skin.
I put both my cars up for sale & the C32 went, I would not have cared if I had sold the E55 instead, they are both great, the C32 is more fun on the bends but not as good in the mid range department...then again not much is better in mid range against an E55...:eek:
HTH

Thanks a lot - good info re condition etc. - will take all that on board.

4k is a little risky IMO, that's gonna be a pretty tired one, could cost you a few k to put it right.

OK maybe I can't afford what I want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom