C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I ordered my 350e estate in early September with an expected delivery date of mid-March. Less than 2 weeks from placing the order, I received an email from MBUK stating that all variants of the 350e are suffering increased lead times and now won't be available until at least 31st March. Has anyone else received this email? And is anyone aware of the reasons for the delays?

I think many of us have similar stories.
I ordered Oct 16, was originally told Jan, then Feb and finally May 17. The car did arrive 3 weeks earlier than the final date stated. [emoji23]

Sceptically speaking, I wonder if the little lie about the delivery date is just good\bad sales!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Little update on my broken charger woes. Can I get a charging point fitted quicker than Mercedes will replace my cable?

Mercedes have formally confirmed they won't replace the cable under warranty and my employer isn't in a hurry to make an insurance claim, so they've asked the lease company if they've had many cable failures.

Meanwhile, I have an electrical engineer visiting on Thursday to check out and possibly fit a charging point. Surely it's not going to be that easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you would be able to lock it from your phone too! :cool:
Indeed which is what I did. Safe in the knowledge that the cable hadn’t been removed and it was still charging.
Without that independent cable lock it would have been possible for someone to remove it :)

Order woes update:

Ordered end June/early July (cant find the exact date). Was supposed to be here this week, according to the lease company when we placed the order, then quickly changed it to 5/1/18.

Original estimated delivery date:

05/01/2018

New Estimated Delivery Date:

30/03/2018

Reason for any date change:

Unavailable build slot - Slippage in adtc due to engine delays at factory. Email detailing this has been sent to all lease companies. Please update your customers accordingly. Many Thanks

Order woes update:

Ordered end June/early July (cant find the exact date). Was supposed to be here this week, according to the lease company when we placed the order, then quickly changed it to 5/1/18.

05/01/2018

30/03/2018

Unavailable build slot - Slippage in adtc due to engine delays at factory. Email detailing this has been sent to all lease companies. Please update your customers accordingly. Many Thanks

Engine delays??

Does that mean all MB's two-litre petrols are delayed? I suspect not...

These reports of long lead times are a tad surprising, especially 2 years on+ since the model was launched. Lead time of my car delivered in April 2016 was circa 4 months. Also think I saw somewhere recently that BMW rate of sale of the 330e had caught up or surpassed the 350e now. A colleague has just taken delivery of one, probably won't get the opportunity to try it for a while mind!

Second update on my broken charger saga...

My lease company called: "Your charging cable is broken. We're trying to work out if we can fix it. What's a charging cable?".

Meanwhile, the engineer turned up and fitted a charging point and were back in electric action!
887b18a362299108b72809e4894f02c6.jpg

So no more of this, which was pretty depressing:
295bb0c60af7c170032c4877ffe75384.jpg

The worst I've managed so far was when running the ICE in. Drove it in Sport all the time and still got 35mpg. A 150 mile trip back from Gatwick in Comfort mode, starting with zero electric range and it still did over 50mpg.

I'm clearly not trying am I.....

The worst I've managed so far was when running the ICE in. Drove it in Sport all the time and still got 35mpg. A 150 mile trip back from Gatwick in Comfort mode, starting with zero electric range and it still did over 50mpg.

I'm clearly not trying am I.....

It was a fortnight of urban pottering around with no charging. Only one journey longer than 5 miles. With charging, I'd have done about 200mpg and used about £2.50 of electricity.

Order woes update:

05/01/2018

30/03/2018

Sounds
Order woes update:

05/01/2018

30/03/2018

Sounds like the same email I received from my lease company (Arval) in mud-September. The email referred to all 350e engine models .... End of March 2018

Just got a malfunction error. Thought I’d raise here and update on the progress because it relates to AirMatic suspension we all get as standard.
Car was fine this morning, parked at the office and got the error immediately when coming home. Merc said to keep below 50 and get it booked it, which I’ll do tomorrow. It was a very bumpy ride home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quick update. The car was taken in this morning and I was told its "full of water" and electronic units are fried and this is the reason why the air suspension is'nt working. They need to strip the car to find the leak but they've stated (no doubt as a caveat) that they're aware I've had the windscreen replaced recently but until the cars been stripped they won't know for sure. Until then I've got a boring standard B200 to see me through.
I'll post an update later next week.

:eek:
It's powered you loon! Just press the button!
:p
It isn't on my car - there's no button, just a red light. I've seen and used the powered bootlid on a friends 2015 C220 AMG Line Premium, I assumed it was part of the Premium pack?

There have been some spec changes - they've deleted the touchpad for cars built late 2017 unless you have Comand, although I don't think that's any great loss.

It isn't on my car - there's no button, just a red light. I've seen and used the powered bootlid on a friends 2015 C220 AMG Line Premium, I assumed it was part of the Premium pack?

There have been some spec changes - they've deleted the touchpad for cars built late 2017 unless you have Comand, although I don't think that's any great loss.
So you don't have this:
c0451cf9522afb59c334883da215cd13.jpg

Or this:
370afea3bdaf84b744dd62c967d5bac1.jpg

But your bootlid is hard to shut...

Sounds like they might have fitted the powered rams on a manual bootlid. Surely not!?

No, I don't have the Stop/Close button. Just a red light.

I do have the button on the door but that, and the keyfob button will only open the bootlid from the spring tension.

Looking at the latest brochure, powered tailgate is standard on the Estate - mine is a saloon. It is added as part of Keyless-Go in the Premium pack for saloons.

When I say it's hard to shut, I mean it's hard to get it to latch shut without a decent push down. Moving the bootlid is very light and free which is possibly part of the problem as it tends to spring back open.

Did a 123 mile trip to Devon today towing our caravan. In e-save mode, averaged only 20mpg. And that was with 29 miles of no engine. With such a small fuel tank, I don’t think we’ll be using it much for long trips as the range will be about 200 Miles. Especially into France as we had hoped.

Quick update. The car was taken in this morning and I was told its "full of water" and electronic units are fried and this is the reason why the air suspension is'nt working. They need to strip the car to find the leak but they've stated (no doubt as a caveat) that they're aware I've had the windscreen replaced recently but until the cars been stripped they won't know for sure. Until then I've got a boring standard B200 to see me through.
I'll post an update later next week.

Another update. The lease company just updated me to say "the garage has advised it is a lower screen seal". I immediately thought, oh no it was Autoglass's fault but they went on to say, "Mercedes have said this will be covered by Mercedes warranty and are aiming for completion on Friday." While I'm pleased I won't have to go through Autoglass any further, I'm disappointed my first Mercedes ever has had this fault. My 15 year old Mondeo in the 5 years I had it faired better :(
So it'll be a week if I get the car back Friday and I'll be happy to return this van, they call the B Series, Mercedes gave me as a temp car.

My car has been in for it's second service (at two years old). Nothing to report other than they replaced the charging cable set up under recall. I'd had no notification about it, so it's obviously something they are doing as and when the cars come in for service. It's never given me any cause for concern but it's reassuring to know the new and waterproof part is on for the winter. Sadly they still claim there's nothing wrong with the wind noise around the door and it needs to go back in for the creaky interior vent sorting out. I had hoped the sat nav maps would be updated from V7 2015/16 but it has come back the same. Anyone know if there are newer maps out now?

My car has been in for it's second service (at two years old). Nothing to report other than they replaced the charging cable set up under recall. I'd had no notification about it, so it's obviously something they are doing as and when the cars come in for service. It's never given me any cause for concern but it's reassuring to know the new and waterproof part is on for the winter. Sadly they still claim there's nothing wrong with the wind noise around the door and it needs to go back in for the creaky interior vent sorting out. I had hoped the sat nav maps would be updated from V7 2015/16 but it has come back the same. Anyone know if there are newer maps out now?

I tried this a few months ago: gt

I don't recall the details, but it was massively frustrating and I eventually gave up. Might try again if I can muster the enthusiasm...

Thanks Dodgy. Mine's on Comand so it's a slightly different system but I had hoped new maps would be out by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom