C350e - replacement latch for electric flap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrobson

Car
C350e
Hi guys

The rear bumber of my car has taken a knock (not serious), but the latch for the flap that covers the charging socket is now broken. The flap itself is fine, but no longer stays shut.

Anyone know the best place to source a replacement, and any idea of cost? I'm guessing it's probably only available from Mercedes themselves but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions?

The same has happened with mine. MB quoted £1.9k plus vat. Apparently I need a complete new back bumper

Picture of the broken bit please ? The Cap and hinge are available and pin and various other bits to do with the central locking lock

R

Hi guys

The rear bumber of my car has taken a knock (not serious), but the latch for the flap that covers the charging socket is now broken. The flap itself is fine, but no longer stays shut.

Anyone know the best place to source a replacement, and any idea of cost? I'm guessing it's probably only available from Mercedes themselves but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions?

Did you have any success in finding a replacement part? I’ve done the same to mine.

Hi, my electric flap is just been broken off also. Would really appreciate knowing if anyone has managed to sort theirs out.
Thanks in advance.

For the 205 estate, it looks as though the flap (cover) and hinge bracket are available seperately.

Cover: A 205 885 01 26 (to be painted prior to installation)
Hinge lever: A 205 757 10 00

Saloon has A 205 885 00 26 for the cover and A 205 757 09 00 for the hinge lever.

Both parts are marked as not valid for options 772 and 773 - AMG styling package and AMG carbon exterior.

Thanks for the quick response Codger49. Tried looking them up but no joy, is there a site you could recommend please?

Suspect they may well be dealer only parts, but must be a lot less than a complete bumper.

Yeh think you’re correct. A few sites I’ve tried recognise the part numbers and come up with a cost of €120, but no pictures so not sure what you’re buying! Off to the dealer then for me...

Did anyone have any luck? I've tried closing mine today and heard and odd sound and it no longer works, I think the click in/click out button thing must have broken.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi, managed to get a whole new unit off fleabay for £30 (Hinge, flap cover plate and base unit). Need to take the bumper off (needs a >6cm long 10mm socket - but otherwise straight forward). Something to check is a little wire cable that runs up inside the rear light unit (at least on my estate - s205) if this gets stuck / snagged then the central locking on the flap won't work and you can't charge. Think its a manual flap release.

I had same problem with my C350e. The flap has been difficult to operate for a long time. I finally broke it, forcing it with a prize tool. Replaced this weekend. Part from mercedes was £17. Local main dealer had it in stock. Replacement required bumper removal. I couldn't find video for removal of bumper on estate model so posted one (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
). I also found that the 'sticky operation' was little more than problem with dust cover on the latch pin in the door. I cut a bit off the end and now it works 100% first time every time.

For the 205 estate, it looks as though the flap (cover) and hinge bracket are available seperately.

Cover: A 205 885 01 26 (to be painted prior to installation)
Hinge lever: A 205 757 10 00

Saloon has A 205 885 00 26 for the cover and A 205 757 09 00 for the hinge lever.

Both parts are marked as not valid for options 772 and 773 - AMG styling package and AMG carbon exterior.
I just walked into my electric fuel cap and snapped the darn thing off. I've got an estate with AMG trim... any ideas how I can find the correct code? It's just the hinge that needs replacing, not the plastic cover (A-205-885-01-26). Fortunately the door still closes.
FWIW, the broken part has S205 on it.. can't see a part number

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-14 184527.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 184527.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 12
My c350e charging flap has become difficult to open. Sometimes a few presses, sometimes a few dozen, doesn’t matter if it’s wet or dry and it’s got progressively worse. Does anyone know if there is a technique to address this other than replacing the flap?

Does anyone know where I can the part number 205-757-09-00 in the UK please ? this is the charger door flap for the c350e estate. Many thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 20.46.32.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom