C43 AMG Chit Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
C43 AMG The Early Day's

Now had my C43 Estate for around 5 months and so far so good. Mr Crabbie is still on vacation but will probably return in late summer but I can live with that. Had my tyres checked to make sure all is well and the ContiCS5's are showing even wear and 5mm front, 6mm rear after around 3,600 miles. One little niggle is 'wind noise' during motorway driving. On a recent trip to France noticed this at high speed levels but oddly haven't noticed here in the UK? Visited my dealership who suggested using masking tape to try and locate whether seals/door fitting etc... They did say that is what they would do if I returned the car to them so probably worth while trying it myself - however they said they wouldn't necessarily take my word for it and would have to do their tests anyway!! But I do understand as parts may need to ordered. Overall though pretty happy as its all I need with plenty of cargo space and a good turn of speed and attitude when you need it. Having previously had 3 SUV's in a row it's refreshing to have a car that handles so well and gives you pretty much all what an SUV offers in terms of room, 4WD etc.. It's odd how SUV's have become so popular/desirable and Estate cars still appear to be what your granddad would drive... well that's until they have a 3.0 AMG engine in front of them but the perception still remains which is probably good as there's fewer powerful Estates on the road now just bloody SUV's!! LOL.

Interested to know what other C43 owners feel about their new toy.:thumb:

Last edited:
It's odd how SUV's have become so popular/desirable and Estate cars still appear to be what your granddad would drive... well that's until they have a 3.0 AMG engine in front of them but the perception still remains which is probably good as there's fewer powerful Estates on the road now just bloody SUV's!! LOL.

That made me chuckle. I wonder what my Granddad would have made of our Estate:cool:

Not the same car, but still the same engine, we love our SL after 18 months and nearly 9000 miles of ownership.

Now I've got a V8 I wonder of I should have bought the SL500, but every time I drive it, it's on a sunny day and we're cruising around. The V6 engine is perfect and the car feels really balanced.

Only one c43 worth discussing and it's not the v6 ;0))

Visited my dealership who suggested using masking tape to try and locate whether seals/door fitting etc..

:eek:

That's look pleasant on the drive/driving round the area - great for a brand new prestige car.

I can't decide if the guy that suggested you do that was very forward thinking or rather dim :dk:.

I'm glad you're not suffering with the crabbing that worried you so much, pre purchaase :thumb:

Have I missed the photos?

Only one c43 worth discussing and it's not the v6 ;0))

Thank you for your contribution is greatly appreciated and soon forgotten.:thumb:

:eek:

That's look pleasant on the drive/driving round the area - great for a brand new prestige car.

I can't decide if the guy that suggested you do that was very forward thinking or rather dim :dk:.

I'm glad you're not suffering with the crabbing that worried you so much, pre purchaase :thumb:

Have I missed the photos?

Well after he said that MB would use masking tape I think that put the idea in my head to save leaving my car with them for any length of time. However, as I said even if the masking tape was able to establish which area of the driver/passenger door the wind noise was coming from they obviously would need to check themselves. So not such a bad suggestion really in the scheme of things as may have been of some help down the line.:thumb:

Cozy said:
The "43" engine aka V6T isn't an AMG unit, is it? I thought it was a general Merc lump that's in a few cars, some without the AMG badge.

So the same as the original c43 amg v8 then? Just using the same unit as an s430 engine with a tune.

Makes no difference where an engine comes from it's how it performs and these c43's are impressive and far outperform a lot of the rivals which is important to note.

The original c43 is a rot box that isn't that quick... why people think it's superior to the new w205 is beyond me.

Masking tape sounds like a daft idea on the face of it. Wind will curl up the edges and make masking tape the source of noise of its own. Unless the suggestion was to use masking tape on the inside somehow :dk:

Enjoy the drive, put it in Sports+ mode when feeling the urge.

A man in a beaten up van shouted "Sounds like a Nova" to me - I just took that as jealousy..

The "43" engine aka V6T isn't an AMG unit, is it? I thought it was a general Merc lump that's in a few cars, some without the AMG badge.

Really and these cars all have 362BHP and have been tuned by AMG?

LOL. I was actually asking a genuine question as in "did AMG 'build'/design it?" (I didn't know for sure) but hey, looks like I've hit some nerves...which were obviously there to be hit. If you need to defend/justify your car that badly, you must have some doubt about it yourself.

Always good to meet a friendly bunch of "enthusiasts".

Last edited:
Well that was pretty obvious. This is the guy who compares his C43 to a C63.:wallbash:

Cozy said:
LOL. I was actually asking a genuine question as in "did AMG 'build'/design it?" (I didn't know for sure) but hey, looks like I've hit some nerves...which were obviously there to be hit. If you need to defend/justify your car that badly, you must have some doubt about it yourself. Always good to meet a friendly bunch of "enthusiasts".

Wasn't so much your comment mate, there was no offence intended. I don't actually own one.

I do however see this mentioned every time the c43 is mentioned and normally by people who don't own one or anything even amg.

Makes me laugh when people insult a great car and basically slating and belittling their owners just because they wish to discuss their pride and joy.

So the same as the original c43 amg v8 then? Just using the same unit as an s430 engine with a tune.

As were all AMG engines up to that point, a factory MB motor reworked to a greater or lesser extent.

It's only when we get to the M156 that you have a full "AMG designed" powerplant.

Last edited:
As were all AMG engines up to that point.

It's only when we get to the M156 that you have a full "AMG manufactured" powerplant.

Not exactly. 55 M113K & 65 M275 are both more than just 'tuned' MB engines.

Ultimately they're still a 113 with a supercharger lumped on top, and a bored and stroked version of the 600 engine. I had already edited for clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom