1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

C43 Service Plan

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by ShaneyB, Oct 24, 2016.

1. ShaneyB

ShaneyB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 AMG Premium Plus
    Hi guys,
    I've been offered a service plan with the new arrival and wondered if any of you have one with MB or not? Basically £35-40 per month for your annual service, gives you 10% off parts and free courtesy car. No real saving I know but spreads the cost and I'd imagine the costs are similar to the one off service costs anyway?

What do you think??

Cheers

2. Red C220

Red C220 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2015 SL400 : 2017 S6 Avant
    I have service contracts on both our cars, it locks the price in for 3 years so no chance of an increase.

It's convenient and the numbers stacked up vs paying as you go.

I get the local dealership to pick our cars up rather than attend or get loaners, that's all part of the deal.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tuono-AMG

Tuono-AMG Member

Car:
    C43 Coupe
    +1

First time we've gone for a service plan, but made sense given MB parts and labour costs on the C43.

4. abar121

abar121 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63
    Is it an annual service on a C43? That's quite poor!

5. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
    Have you actually ever priced up each service?

Service plans are cheap, cheaper than doing single upfront, roadside recovery is included in the price plus paint warranty

I don't like to repeat myself in here but - No brainer!

1 person likes this.
  6. abar121

Car:
    C63
    I have and I have bought one for the C63. But, both the Porkers and M Beemrs (with tappet adjustment), only stipulate services every two years, obviously mileage dependant.

The yearly servicing is a big added cost with the C63, compounded by rip-off dealers and price fixing.

7. foxy52

foxy52 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C250 CGI AMG sportline
    ....I Have a service plan for my C250 AMG Sportline.. locked in for 4 years thru the main dealer I bought the car from.. 1st class service, not unreasonable costs plus peace of mind......plus all kinds of other benefits as rgds running costs/warranty... I would at its a great idea rgds foxy52

8. abar121

Car:
    C63
    I do really like the look of the C43 AMG Coupe, I'm sure it's a lovely car.

It is a bit of a shame it's part of the AMG yearly servicing schedule though, especially given it's relatively unstressed engine. It'll certainly hurt the business lease costs.

9. Gene

Gene Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2017 C63 Coupe
    Well said.

10. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    Would you want to go nearly two years without servicing a porker or an M/// though?

11. JLR1969

JLR1969 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 530D M Sport
    Depends on the mileage I was doing, if say I did 8,000 a year then I would not see it needs a £500 service, if I was really protective then I would just change the oil once a year at an independent or myself then get it serviced every 2 as you do with a mileage dependent car

I feel it's a bit of a scam to service a car that's not done high mileage every year.

BMW don't need too so not sure why Merc do

12. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    There's no AMG on the planet that I'd skip a service :eek:

13. JLR1969

Car:
    BMW 530D M Sport
    You've totally missed the point.

A car that's done 8,000 miles for example in a year should not need a service. At most it should only need an oil change.

How much do Merc charge for an oil change

14. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    I've not though have I, that's your opinion that it should not need a service. My opinion is that if I was to have an AMG, I wouldn't skip a service or any annual work scheduled

Also had I bought an AMG, I wouldn't be worrying about how much they charge for servicing items, lol

Mine does < 3000k a year, serviced like clockwork

15. JLR1969

Car:
    BMW 530D M Sport
    No one is worrying about cost but being charged for a service on a low mileage car is unnecessary. These are modern engines not F1 cars

As asked earlier why do Merc need servicing when BMW don't.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  16. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    Old M3's used to be yearly, I only know that because I was looking to buy one back then

If you had bought an AMG new it would require a run in service anyway, so that's one. Then on year 2 its first proper service

'Servicing' at MB consists of scheduled work and check-overs, like an A service would be oil change and the checkup

Nothing is stopping you just having the oil changed surely?

At the most I'd suspect prospective buyers come sale time to be put off with things being missed

17. wil992

wil992 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E63 W212 & Mini JCW F56
    Getting back on topic...
    I have a service plan and have had for my last 3 mercs. I'm never going to miss a service so I might as well spread the cost out a bit.

18. abar121

Car:
    C63
    Yes. I'll take advice from Porsche directly, rather than forum talk :) If they say it's two years if time limited rather than usage, I'll stick with that.

I've never skipped a service on any 911 or my Z4M. As I do low miles though, it's 2 years on both. The S54 has valve clearances too, unlike just about anything more modern out there.

Because Merc have labelled the C43 now as a full AMG model, it's now on yearly servicing. If you're not doing many miles, that's a lot more money to pay for very little work, especially given the level of profiteering involved.

I don't mind paying good money for work completed, but getting ripped-off is another matter.

There's another clue in the disks and pads that they've tried to charge me for the last two years. First check I was told they were 2/3rd worn and new disks and pads required. I checked them and they were barely a 1/3rd worn. The service manager was a little sheepish when challenged.

Guess what happened this year? :fail

19. Red C220

Red C220 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2015 SL400 : 2017 S6 Avant
    Every modern Mercedes I've owned (we're on our 6th) is on a mileage/12 month service schedule. It's not specific to AMG.

Even our diesel E is serviced annually.

20. abar121

Car:
    C63
    Blimey, I didn't realise that. The C63 is my first Merc. Whoops.

Tags: