C43 Service Plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blimey, I didn't realise that. The C63 is my first Merc. Whoops.

Your dashboard will tell you when it needs a service, run through the menus next time you're behind the wheel.

Your dashboard will tell you when it needs a service, run through the menus next time you're behind the wheel.

Mine is every year on the C63, I know that, no problem. I didn't realise that was for all of their models.

Most Porsche's have been every 2 years or 30k KMs since something like 2008. Beemers similar too.

Not sure if the original question has been answered here but I too will be taking delivery of a new C43 AMG in January and no doubt MB will offer me a Service Plan at £ a month. Not sure how it will be cheaper with a plan unless they do the actual service for a cheaper price compared to straight cash deals? Help!!!

DRIVER200 said:
Not sure if the original question has been answered here but I too will be taking delivery of a new C43 AMG in January and no doubt MB will offer me a Service Plan at £ a month. Not sure how it will be cheaper with a plan unless they do the actual service for a cheaper price compared to straight cash deals? Help!!!

Seriously you're asking that after all this?

When you pick the car up in January, ask how much individual services will cost. Then ring up and get a quote for a service plan. After you've done that, you can post back here and tell me the result which I already know :D lol

Every modern Mercedes I've owned (we're on our 6th) is on a mileage/12 month service schedule. It's not specific to AMG.

Even our diesel E is serviced annually.
....I,m on my 5th....like you mileage/12 month contract servicing.. the way to go ... for hopefully peace of mind driving.....better yet take out a 3/4 year service plan to lock in price rather than an annual renewal.......... foxy52

Last edited:
Don't see it that way as if you pay monthly say around £450 a year when your first service is due which is probably only an oil change anyway Mercedes will be reluctant letting you supply your own oil as they have £450 of your money that they want you to spend with them!! Or have I missed something?

Last edited:
Don't see it that way as if you pay monthly say around £450 a year when your first service is due which is probably only an oil change anyway Mercedes will be reluctant letting you supply your own oil as they have £450 of your money that they want you to spend with them!! Or have I missed something?

Supplying your own oil is a very effective way of reducing the cost of your service, as MB have a very healthy markup on the oil. Years ago it was £13 per litre, but not sure how much these days. I think I recently paid £50-ish including VAT for 20 litres from the parts counter.

If you're on a service contract then there's no need to do that, as you've paid for the oil in your monthly repayments, and as the contract will be through Mercedes-Benz UK (or an agent appointed by them) rather than the dealer, and they won't offer you a reduction in price.

When I had a service contract on our ML270 years ago, I used to ask for a copy of the invoice after repairs and maintenance. The main dealer used to black out the labour cost line because it was around 1/3 of the labour rate, charged to customers walking through the door.

Mercedes-Benz UK set the price that the dealers charge MBUK, for warranty work, repairs and contract maintenance. To be fair, the volume of work which dealers invoice back to MBUK should justify a generous discount. That's how it can sometimes work out cheaper on a contract.

I would imagine that Mercedes would price match service prices with other dealers such is the case with most car dealers now which at least gives you a chance of pushing down the price. However, if they see you have a Service Plan they will have no incentive to do this as they already have your money so you really have no bargaining power.

I would imagine that Mercedes would price match service prices with other dealers such is the case with most car dealers now which at least gives you a chance of pushing down the price. However, if they see you have a Service Plan they will have no incentive to do this as they already have your money so you really have no bargaining power.

There's nothing to negotiate at the time of service because you're not being invoiced for the service. The price you pay is the monthly fee, and that is set at the outset of the contract.

But yes, many dealers will negotiate or price match if you don't have a service contract. Pick dealerships where you speak to the guy who's job it is to keep the ramps busy, and not a call centre, because they are incentivised to keep the ramps busy, and can negotiate. Call centre agents can't in my experience.

I guess that illustrates my point as if you have paid -up front- then Mercedes can charge effectively what they like as they know you are already in credit and will probably not be too concerned at the cost as long as you have enough credit to cover the cost. Maybe the 10% of parts and FOC courtesy car is a bonus?

I guess that illustrates my point as if you have paid -up front- then Mercedes can charge effectively what they like as they know you are already in credit and will probably not be too concerned at the cost as long as you have enough credit to cover the cost. Maybe the 10% of parts and FOC courtesy car is a bonus?

Don't think the courtesy car is all dealers. Mine isn't.

Assume Mercedes have a fixed charge tariff for servicing etc.. to make pricing crystal clear to customers?

DRIVER200 said:
Assume Mercedes have a fixed charge tariff for servicing etc.. to make pricing crystal clear to customers?

It's fixed with no raises, no surprises

Excuse my ignorance so when you take out a SP they tell you what each service will cost in advance eg. 1st service £400, 2nd £500 etc.. even though the 1st service could be 12 months down the road?

DRIVER200 said:
Excuse my ignorance so when you take out a SP they tell you what each service will cost in advance eg. 1st service £400, 2nd £500 etc.. even though the 1st service could be 12 months down the road?

Not sure where you're getting those prices from

As mentioned before ask at the dealership the price of the services, and ring up the service plan number and get the monthly cost, do the maths and then you'll see

You have completely missed my point. I'm simply asking do Mercedes tell you in advance what your services' will cost when they offer you a Service Plan so that you can figure out for yourself if its worth it as not sure why they would expect you to phone and find out for yourself if they are offering you a service scheme. As for my figures they were just an example (eg..) and were not meant to resemble actual costs.

Last edited:
DRIVER200 said:
You have completely missed my point. I'm simply asking do Mercedes tell you in advance what your services' will cost when they offer you a Service Plan so that you can figure out for yourself if its worth it as not sure why they would expect you to phone and find out for yourself if they are offering you a service scheme. As for my figures they were just an example (eg..) and were not meant to resemble actual costs.

:wallbash:

It isn't Mercedes job to! There's a service calculator on their website for you to work it out yourself! Yes granted, the C43 is fairly new so I'm not sure if it could work out what a 2nd year service would be and price, but seriously what is stopping you from doing those two things? Asking at the service reception and calling a number??

Nothing is stopping me it's just that when I collect my car and the salesman offers me a Service Plan I expect him to know ALL the figures right there and then. Really can't explain any more than that as I don't see it as my job to phone around for prices when the dealership should have all this information to hand. Don't think I'm asking too much as they are the people trying to sell something to me not the other away around.

DRIVER200 said:
Nothing is stopping me it's just that when I collect my car and the salesman offers me a Service Plan I expect him to know ALL the figures right there and then. Really can't explain any more than that as I don't see it as my job to phone around for prices when the dealership should have all this information to hand. Don't think I'm asking too much as they are the people trying to sell something to me not the other away around.

You could literally make two phone calls right now and have everything you need, it's not the dealership that sorts out a service plan it's a separate department. Definitely wouldn't be the salesman who hands it over

MBUK have a negotiated rate for labour from main dealers, the amount of labour for each service operation is pre-determined (regardless of how long it actually takes), and MBUK also set the cost price for OEM parts. The dealer invoices MBUK (or their agent) for the labour and parts.

This is all invisible to you if you take out a service plan or service contract, you simple pay the monthly payment for the agreed term. Warranty work is done on the same basis.

There is no incentive nor way of negotiating a deal, as you the customer are not invoiced for the service, MBUK (or their agent) is. Just like a new car warranty repair, you can't and don't negotiate as a customer, as you're not invoiced, MBUK (or their agent) is invoiced for warranty work.

With a service plan I would expect a courtesy car to be included, but enquire and know for sure before taking out the contract.

The salesman won't have a clue about accurate service costs, nor how much discount you could expect. Call the service department and ask, or as suggested yUse the online calculator :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom