c63 AMG collectors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gangnam007

Car
c63
I own a c63 w204 with performance pack 12 plate with 39k on the clock but wanted to know lets say in 10 years with 50-60k on the clock will it go up in value or you reckon its a car will still lose value?

I suspect it'll be worth less than it is now - but that the absolute value of depreciation will be a hell of a lot less than if you owned 'normal' cars over that period of time.

That said, while I didn't expect them to trough for a good while yet, prices seem to have been quite static for a good year now.

Hi,
If you keep it in immaculate condition and low mileage - I strongly believe it will go up in value in 10 years time.
In 10 years, most new cars will be fully electric or hybrids.
You only need to look at the values on 205 GTis and other iconic cars from recent times to see where values of big engined, unusual or low volume cars are likely to head.
Cheers
Steve

Hang on let me get my crystal ball out.......

Seriously its not a classic Bugatti, if you want to make money on something buy another house.

Hi,
If you keep it in immaculate condition and low mileage - I strongly believe it will go up in value in 10 years time.
In 10 years, most new cars will be fully electric or hybrids.
You only need to look at the values on 205 GTis and other iconic cars from recent times to see where values of big engined, unusual or low volume cars are likely to head.
Cheers
Steve

It's difficult to predict where the market will be in 10 years time but the car's value will remain on a downward trajectory for the next few years.

It costs more to keep a car in immaculate condition and keeping the mileage low means that you are not getting much use out it. In the meantime, you are still paying a couple of thousand pounds per year for VED / Insurance / Servicing / Replacement parts / MOT.

So any increase may (or may not) be sufficient to reverse the depreciation of the coming years but will not be sufficient to offset the not-inconsiderable annual costs of running this type of car.

It's difficult to predict where the market will be in 10 years time but the car's value will remain on a downward trajectory for the next few years.

It costs more to keep a car in immaculate condition and keeping the mileage low means that you are not getting much use out it. In the meantime, you are still paying a couple of thousand pounds per year for VED / Insurance / Servicing / Replacement parts / MOT.

So any increase may (or may not) be sufficient to reverse the depreciation of the coming years but will not be sufficient to offset the not-inconsiderable annual costs of running this type of car.

Exactly what he said. Maintaining it in top condition for top money will probably cost more than the appreciation. Just enjoy your car and if t goes up in value during your ownership it's a bonus.

thank you for your replies - were considering on buying a g63 next as the c63 is nice but bloody hell do you feel the road! and this car to me isn't the best on long journeys!...where ever i go my kids are with me in this car and they love it but it just isn't practical so we seen a g350 on the weekend but felt the g63 is the beast to replace it with.

I had a 4 hour journey from Cheshire to Devon, and a 6 hour journey from Devon to Cheshire (more people trying to get to the glorious North, naturally) the other week, with no issues. I think it's a pretty comfortable mile-muncher, apart from the amount of petrol it uses.

thank you for your replies - were considering on buying a g63 next as the c63 is nice but bloody hell do you feel the road! and this car to me isn't the best on long journeys!...where ever i go my kids are with me in this car and they love it but it just isn't practical so we seen a g350 on the weekend but felt the g63 is the beast to replace it with.

Make sure you have a go in a G63 and simulate a long journey. If you fancy a fast SUV and need to cover serious distances in comfort, then I would be looking at an ML63/GLE63. The G is great for drama but it's not well suited at all for long distance driving in comfort.

the c63 is a beauty car but as the ride is firmer in a performance pack model and the seats are okay but for really long distances can be annoying...the g63 is more practical for me and my family. I currently own a audi q7 also but just want a car with space, aggression and something that is different than your standard 4x4.

the c63 is a beauty car but as the ride is firmer in a performance pack model and the seats are okay but for really long distances can be annoying...the g63 is more practical for me and my family. I currently own a audi q7 also but just want a car with space, aggression and something that is different than your standard 4x4.

If the firm ride is a problem on long distances, take a loooong test drive in the G63 before buying one. Also be prepared to be surprised how little space there is. Great cars, but they're not strong in several areas you're expecting. They are different though.

Love the G wagon but found it extremely agricultural during a test drive. I'd stick with GL63 if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom