C63 boxes on e55 w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Just curious are all oval tipped rear c63 boxes compatible for the w21155

Thanks

Not as a straight swap if that's what you mean?​

Yeah was hoping for a direct swap.

So must be some alterations/fabrication to be done to have them fit.

they will need to be joined up to the existing pipework and new hangers. about 2 hours work for a decent exhaust place.

EMP performance in north london or torqueflow in birmingham are the guys i used.

Thanks

I have a virtually brand new set of rear C63 boxes, (and resonatour) with the hangers already in place for W211 E55 fitment, as said, brought them brand new, had them on for 100miles, (36hrs), then had them taken off, my existing bespoke exhaust system, made these boxes waaaay!!! too loud for my liking, but with standard or lightly modded system they are a great addition. I wont give these away, but know that substantial loss on these boxes is comingmy way! LOL This said, it was worth the experiment:p

Thanks

Best place would probably be EMP in St Albans. They're good guys and done lots before including mine. Is your car a saloon or estate? Fair bit more work required to get c63 rear boxes to fit on an estate as I found out:doh: I think I was first to get them fitted on an estate, it's not a massive deal but the tailpipes will need to be cut off and extended as the boxes need to sit further under the car.

I have a virtually brand new set of rear C63 boxes, (and resonatour) with the hangers already in place for W211 E55 fitment, as said, brought them brand new, had them on for 100miles, (36hrs), then had them taken off, my existing bespoke exhaust system, made these boxes waaaay!!! too loud for my liking, but with standard or lightly modded system they are a great addition. I wont give these away, but know that substantial loss on these boxes is comingmy way! LOL This said, it was worth the experiment:p

Hi Ricky, I'm keen on this upgrade also. Can you PM me as I don't seem to be able to do that to you as I'm a newbie.

Hi Ricky, I'm keen on this upgrade also. Can you PM me as I don't seem to be able to do that to you as I'm a newbie.

Tried, but seems I am unable to PM u, but just to say there is a couple of others in front of you with interest on these boxes at this moment. if it falls apart, I will get back to you.

Rgds

R

Do you fit them yourself . Was there much modding done for the boxes to fit?

No I had them done with secondary d cat and res delete at prestige performance. Bracket needs altering and c63 pipe is smaller than one on e55 as far as I'm aware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom