C63 Estate - W204 - 14 Reg - Steering issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bruce Wayne

Car
C63 AMG Estate
Hi all,

wanted to see if anyone else might've experienced the same and would like to engage if this is just how the W204 C63 drives or it could well be a suspension issue?

This is at low speed going forward or backwards - When on full lock at the wheel the car will so call “Crab” meaning that the car jolts as if though it was on a patch of ice and the cars front to tyres slipped (I hope that made some what sense)?

I want to be prepared to when I take it to the dealer they don't just say "they all drive like this, Sir...." when that might not be the case.

Many Thanks in advance.

I haven't ever noticed this on my similar age estate running standard 19's and Coni SP6 tyres.

I have had this issue on some of my other cars, all ran low profile wide front tyres. Google Ackerman effect.

I had the same issue with all my W204 C63's in fact my new W205 AMG does it, if you put new tyres on it wil disappear for a few hundred miles and then re appear and you'll notice it's worse in cold weather, as far as I know it's the peculiar geometry of the front suspension that causes it.

Mine does this too, glad to hear it's a 'feature' as I've only just bought it!

Mine does the same and so does my SQ5, don't understand why all the C43 owners are making such a big issue out of it!

ah ok - thank you all for sharing and your advise.

It does usually only happen in the mornings when coming of the drive way..... might just be because it is cold?

plus just had new tyres put on so didn't think that would've been the case.

but if its part and parcel of the C63 then so be it.

Perfectly normal for c63 and mine only does it in cold weather and the first time it is moved from cold.

ah ok - thank you all for sharing and your advise.

It does usually only happen in the mornings when coming of the drive way..... might just be because it is cold?

plus just had new tyres put on so didn't think that would've been the case.

but if its part and parcel of the C63 then so be it.

Yep, all normal. I got two brand new tyres on the front and it does it even worse now. Wife thinks the car is broken. :D

Normal MB do have a technical bulletin on this subject mainly does it in cold weather on full luck
Is due to the geometry of the car

Mine does it, had the geometry set up and the castor is close to rally car spec as standard lol. It's what they do to answer your question

Yep....... Had my C63 AMG for a year and yesterday was the first really cold weather i'd driven the car in. Drove out of my garage in reverse, then full lock and pulled forward, did exactly what has been described in the comments above. Seems to be a normal thing due to the geometry of the cars suspension.

had the same problem on my R8 WHEN COLD but only on the drive. But nothing to worry about
You trying to get your post counts up? Resurrecting a lot of old threads WIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom