C63 PPP brake disc life....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a pre-facelift C63 and have my eye on one which has the PPP and LSD.

My question is regarding the brakes, on average how long does the composite brake discs / pads last? I'm aware they are mega money but wanted to know their lastability. I appreciate it depends how its been driven but is 40k miles likely, or 10k miles? Just a ballpark!

Do I presume the discs wear the same as conventional discs (ie - lip on the outside shows they are on their way out?

Thanks

1. PPP is overrated
2. They wear just like any other disc
3. They are massively more expensive

Thanks mate (Stuart from M3cutters?!)...

I'm not buying it for the PPP, it just so happens it has it (I want a white one!)

Thanks mate (Stuart from M3cutters?!)...

I'm not buying it for the PPP, it just so happens it has it (I want a white one!)

Yes certainly is me :D

Everyone is defecting over here!!! Lol

You won't be disappointed. LSD is a must have!

First job get booked in with MSL for a eurocharged map ;)

By the way there are main dealers on eBay offering PPP full set of discs and pads all round for between £650-875. Then fit yourself :)

The disks are around 750 each for the fronts but last around 20k depending on your driving.

haha i was about to say Stuart, where did you see the discs all around for £800?! If only the composite discs where that cheap for the pair :(

haha i was about to say Stuart, where did you see the discs all around for £800?! If only the composite discs where that cheap for the pair :(

Still above £875 the pair with pads is good!

Guys. That link is for PP discs (2 peice) not PPP. If they fit then great. If not you'll have to find the composite single peice discs.

Guys. That link is for PP discs (2 peice) not PPP. If they fit then great. If not you'll have to find the composite single peice discs.

PP & PPP are the same discs, standard discs are the single piece ones, PP & PPP have the aluminium hub and a floating rotor as per the link.

Thanks for the link. I just ordered some CLS performance pack rotors from the fcpeuro site, they came in at £580 including shipping, I will report back on any customs charges.

PP & PPP are the same discs, standard discs are the single piece ones, PP & PPP have the aluminium hub and a floating rotor as per the link.

No. PPP are a single peice ali hub steel rotor casting. The earlier pp cars had 2 peice. I am not making this up.

I've had 2 PPP cars btw. Driven pp cars.

No. PPP are a single peice ali hub steel rotor casting. The earlier pp cars had 2 peice. I am not making this up.

My neighbour had a PPP he just got rid of. It had two piece discs as per those above. For clarity it was a 2013 model .

You want a pic of my current PPP and my last? Also, take a look at images on sales adverts?

You want a pic of my current PPP and my last? Also, take a look at images on sales adverts?

Chill ya beans mate I'm just saying what I've seen. Not calling you a liar! Anyway as the thread has gone off on a tangent and the usual my willy is bigger than yours has ensued. I'm out :thumb:

I'm not getting in a fizz. Just making sure people are aware that the discs are not right for PPP or standard cars. I am unsure they will or won't fit however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom