C63 PPP I've done some research lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brunty88

Car
C63 PPP
Hi all

New to this forum but looking to get the above mention C63 PPP saloon
there is a 2010 one for sale which i am interested in.
I have been reading posts and threads from searches for days now and have come to a general consesus as to what this means.
However i want to double check i am right in what i am thinking before i make the plunge as ideally im looking to purchase the right car once. (not the wrong ppp and have to sell and start hunting all over again, especially as i am looking long term with s/c)

Right so what i have determend.

08-09 cars with PP code P30 include the steering wheel, the uprated brakes, the amg stiffer suspension, the lsd some have the red calipers and some have the carbon bits ( a friends has the silver calipers and no spoiler)
10 plate cars onwards PPP P30 have the steering wheel, the carbon spoiler, the engine retune and the forged pistons, and brakes with the option of having the lsd

I am also thinking that the p30 is a uk spec and p31 is for the americas when they changed from the 09 to 10 varient? i have seen posts on here with 12 plate cars saying they have the p30 option?

the perticular car i am looking at is a 2010 PPP car listed as this.
i have the vin number and run the check with the follow results

923- output increase of engines
m156- v8 gasoline engine m156-amg
m63-6.3 litre displacement
P30-amg performance pack
i think these are the only engine related ones there is one about reinforced transmission and a couple about styling i can post the full list if it helps

so am i right in assuming that this is a PPP car with the upgraded engine internals and the remap to 487bhp? or is this the pre engine work and remap varient.

many thansk
rich:bannana:

You are close.

You need to look at Performance Package (pre 2010) vs. Performance Package Plus (2010 on).

LOL for a dark grey engine manifold rather than the silvery white one for the standard car.

But the VIN check is probably best and looks promising.

Ignore all the bullshyate on forums and Google for the true Mercedes press release.

S

Hi Simon

thanks for your reply i will look into that.

I have checked the vin of a 2011 car and it has the same options so it does look like it is the right one for what i want.
i have not viewed the car but have a still from a video sent to me from the seller (big distance)
ive googled images and they all seem to be the same even compared to the standard i dont want to go all the way and find out its not exactly what i want.

Last edited:
Simon

many thanks for your replies.
this has helped massively i think im going to make a vieiwng :)
one thing that is bugging me over this particular car is the video and sound of the engine, this may be the quality of the mic and the fact its windy but it does sound a bit loud and tapey this is based on previous experience with cars ive had and my current v8 doesnt sound like that
which i have uploaded here
https://youtu.be/kRuimAx3ETM

the sound on you tube is not a true representation of the sound of the 6.3l V8 lump in real life.... need to listen to one on real terms to be able to appreciate it...

Yes dark grey intake manifold means PPP mine has the same.

Thanks guys
I've been round a mates and his sounds the same so it's all go at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom