C63 Rear Tyres...after 4k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another fan of Michelin ps4s here, after getting the car with Dunlops I was extremely disappointed with the grip levels. Changing to Michelin was like night and day difference.

Good to hear. Had these fitted on Friday..time will tell. Will update with progress. amazing responses so far - many thanks to the community.
To both Ultima owners, a pal of mine has one (self build) - stunning machines

I have been through a pair of yoko's in 3k and at the moment the conti 3's are doing well 5k down so far and they are about on 5.5mm as of two weeks ago.. I don't drive hard and mostly locally with a mixture of a and b roads.

I find the contis pretty crap in this cold weather,can't get any heat in to them and feel hard.

I have been through a pair of yoko's in 3k and at the moment the conti 3's are doing well 5k down so far and they are about on 5.5mm as of two weeks ago.. I don't drive hard and mostly locally with a mixture of a and b roads.

Thanks for the information regarding the Yoko's! Are you sure you have Conti 3's not 5's?

Thanks for the information regarding the Yoko's! Are you sure you have Conti 3's not 5's?

Sorry John, I do have the 5's that was a typo.

This is what I am running:

Continental Conti Sport Contact 5P 235/35 ZR19 91Y XL, MO
Continental Conti Sport Contact 5P 255/30 ZR19 91Y XL, FR, MO

I run F1 AS3s on my CLS 55. Very good grip wet or dry ,decent wear (still 4mm at 10k) and the quietest I have found. Great tyre. Of course its a big car so I probably don't rag it as much as you C63 boys!

just to add to this
I had the conti sp6 265/19 in the rear and they were terrible didnt feel safe and only lasted 3k miles just Fitted mpss same size and car feels totally different a lot more planted and less trc light. So deff a thumbs up for the mich and thumbs down conti 6 to me they are a lot worse than the 5s

So, I fitted the M PS4's. Look great (slightly wider at 265) and feel more planted. This is probably down to the fact I now have tread on the road to be fair.
I have noticed though, I entered a fast corner which I have encountered hundreds of times and the car felt very 'wallowy'. Probably down to softer sidewalls but it was noticeable. I did read lots of info before changing to these tyres where non OE and softer sidewalls were mentioned (which I obviously didn't adhere to as I'm male and not one to be told).
I can live with this if they last more than 5k miles.

Put a bit more air into the tyres to compensate...

Currently running 42psi fronts and 44psi rears. I may reduce this as the ride is a little harsh (understandably) and keep an eye on tyre wear

I have had 4 c63s and always have run MPSS and not had anything like that wear, And i am quite hard on a car!

Thread resurection time!

My Conti 5P (255/30) rears are now due for replacement and I'm planning on going to 265/30 Michelin 4Ss as replacement - more agressive, wider rubber to help the car's hopeless lack of traction.

Now that a few of you have made the same switch have had time to do a few miles, what's the feedback? All good? Grip better? Any downsides vs std Contis?

Bigger Rubber on the C63s make a huge improvement, If you do it get wider wheels and as much rubber as you can, Lots of threads on it.

I opted for the PS4's. A guy on the C63 facebook forum (Ben Patey) sells a complete set for £560 collected (Guildford).
I like them. Went with the slightly wider 265 rears. Haven't changed the fronts yet but will do in the next month or so. I have really noticed the slip is far less than the conti's. I would never put these back on my car - awful!

I have had 4 c63s and always have run MPSS and not had anything like that wear, And i am quite hard on a car!
Robin
I'm trying to send you a PM to find out details of the C63 507 you owned to add to the model register but for some reason I can't, even though you're over the 30 posts threshold. Would you be able to let me have the original registration number or VIN so I can update the list? Regards, Phil
C63 507 Model Register

I did a track day at Donington on Sunday, the track was wet, it snowed and temps were just off freezing. The car far exceeded my expectations and I only had a few moments where I lost traction coming out of corners. I believe that being down to the amazing grip of the MPS4S's, I can ashore you I wasn't hanging around and my car has 850nm of torque. Can't wait to try them out on a dry track now!!

Cant wait until my current conti 5Ps are finished. Will be putting on Michelin’s next. But as i have 18” wheels i will have to go with PS4 instead of PS4S.

Just been in touch whit Ben ....£560 is picked up-great price but I'm in Wales and post is expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom