C63 rear tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottydf1

Car
C63 Amg ml270 vito 113
Hi I need to change the rear tyres on my c63. 58 plate. I don't do many miles per year as it's just my weekend toy but I want tyres which will try to stick to the black stuff when pushed. Any recommendations

Michelin Pilot Super sport or its replacement, the Pilot Sport 4S

Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics 2 or 3

P zeros

... to name a few

Thanks. I've used the p zero on a Ferrari 348 I had they seamed to be a bit hard. The asymmetric 2 I've heard good reviews about. Thanks again.

Contisport or Eagle F1s. Super sports are too soft compound for 63.

Hi thanks. I think iam going to give the eagle f1's ago

Contisport or Eagle F1s. Super sports are too soft compound for 63.

Beg to differ . Running MPSS on mine . They are hard wearing with fantastic grip levels . Difference between the MPSS and Contis is like night and day !

Beg to differ . Running MPSS on mine . They are hard wearing with fantastic grip levels . Difference between the MPSS and Contis is like night and day !

In what respect? I do a lot of motorway miles and still don't get a lot out of my tyres (conti). I always thought the mpss were softer again?

Tyres

I have Michelins SS all around and the feedback is brilliant and grip is good I do find with the softer rubber I spin the rears far more than I did with the Fulda set I had on, I was pointed in the directions of Fuldas by a friend who has them on his Nissan GTR and he loves them, I would say in the dry they are stunning but wet I would say Average/Good but they are priced so well. I will be going back to Fuldas after these Michelins as the price difference does not warrant the difference in performance for me, Michelins better on the wet not as good pulling away.

In what respect? I do a lot of motorway miles and still don't get a lot out of my tyres (conti). I always thought the mpss were softer again?

The MPSS have better grip in the wet and dry and so far haver lasted extremely well . Over 6k miles and still plenty of meat left on them.

What mileage do you get out of yours and what tyre pressures do you run ?

The MPSS have better grip in the wet and dry and so far haver lasted extremely well . Over 6k miles and still plenty of meat left on them.

What mileage do you get out of yours and what tyre pressures do you run ?

I think 7-8k would be fair but most of that is just travelling along the m4. I don't often get a chance for a hoon. I run about 41psi on the rear. I may try MPSS soon as I saw very good prices on camskill a few weeks ago.

I found Conti5Ps suited my C63 well. Not a fan of P Zeros in cold or wet. They are fine in the dry. Just put some Eagle F1s on the SL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd go for eagle F1 asymmetric 3. Not a fan of contis and overpriced compared to the Goodyear's.

I had Yokohama Advan Sport V1055 all round last year and to be honest preferred them to the big hitters, particularly in the wet. Going to try the Advan Neova AD08R's this year, bit of a sacrifice in the rain but look to be epic in the dry!

Thanks guys for all your help I think iam going to go with the eagle f1 and see how they go. Thanks agin.

Thanks guys for all your help I think iam going to go with the eagle f1 and see how they go. Thanks agin.

Make sure you get the version 3 with the sidewall protectors, have them on my CL500 stick well in dry and wet.
How good not sure? as still have crap back tires on, and even with my mundane 5.5L ( in comparison to your engine ) the backs will drift right out if prodded, but the Eagle F1 Assy 3 are like on rails.

Only slight negative is the cross section profile; to me it looks more rounded if say compared to a Pirelli ROSSO P Zero, that has a sort of squarer profile on the road contact surface ... so cosmetically looks thinner imo.

But sadly the P Zeros in this size dont have a kerb bump stop rim any more, hence the move to Eagle F1s A 3.
Cant be bothered with scratched AMG 19" all the time.

Working really well on the rear of my SL today[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom