C63 replacement - TD1 - 991 911.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
C63 lease is up i nAugust and as some of you will know I haven't ever really clicked with it. It has been a fine enough ownership proposition but i let my head rule my heart when getting it given the deal that was available at the time.

So replacements - 991, AMV8 Vantage S, Maser GT S, SL63, Panamera GTS, M6 and R8 all planned om being trialled.

Today was number 1 (and the likely winner....not that I am closed to the others)

Good

A perfectly usable everyday car
Astonishing economy to power (30mpg on way home!)
Good noise
Good gearbox (this is PDK)
Strong residuals

Bad

Dislike this interior - dash should be black for me
Not much at all - not as much feel as I hoped but was prepared for this.

Will add more to the above 2 bits before I give it back tomorrow morning.

Some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 111
I'd have to go for the Aston or the Maserati.

Maybe it will be different when I start shopping for these sorts of cars but I just don't get German 'thoroughbred' sports cars like the 911 and R8. Just to contradict all of that, I think the CL is the best coupe in the world...

I'd have to go for the Aston or the Maserati.

Maybe it will be different when I start shopping for these sorts of cars but I just don't get German 'thoroughbred' sports cars like the 911 and R8. Just to contradict all of that, I think the CL is the best coupe in the world...

They are the two I wouldn't go for! Panamera, M6 or 911 for me.

if you get the turbo/s, you can have the black/carrera red interior which is lovely.

alternatively, get black interior with deviating carrera red leather on seats only for some colour in the interior

of your list, SL63 for me.

AMV8S is very long in the tooth
Maserati -- only the name sounds good. the stupid wide gaping mouth is hideous
Panamera GTS is second to SL63, there is a certain 'coolness' about the Panamera
M6 is butt ugly, heavy and pointless. For example, SL63 is about 200kgs lighter
R8 is yesterday's news, and still just a posh Audi

Panamera GTS is second to SL63, there is a certain 'coolness' about the Panamera

Agree with all of the above.

Are you thinking 2 or 4 door M6? Do you need 4 seats?

SportsCoupeRich said:
2 door m6. Not sure on the GC. Panamera is my current fav I think.

Never used to like the look of the panamera but i followed a new white one today that looked quite nice .

Nissan GTRs are popular recommends on this forum.So i might aswell start with that as numero uno
Panamera indeed does have huge presence-don't get the hate either.Would be a bit miffed that a more practical Cayenne is @20k cheaper per model though!

if you get the turbo/s, you can have the black/carrera red interior which is lovely.

alternatively, get black interior with deviating carrera red leather on seats only for some colour in the interior

SL63 I am keen to try, but wonder if it is really different enough from the last gen to keep me happy. I think the design is a bit unsuccessful.

Maser...I like the mouth - quite a sight in the RVM

GTS over a turbo would be my choice but only 4 in the dealer network at present of last shape (facelift so minor I wouldn't buy new)

Never owned a BMW so considering it for that reason

R8 gets excellent reviews all the time...

SL63 I am keen to try, but wonder if it is really different enough from the last gen to keep me happy. I think the design is a bit unsuccessful.

GTS over a turbo would be my choice but only 4 in the dealer network at present of last shape (facelift so minor I wouldn't buy new)

SL63 R231 is a quantum leap over the R230 SL .. makes the R230 seems sluggish and sloppy

Panamera GTS: there might be amazing deals for stock cars ..

have you considered Jaguar XKRs? £20k registration support at the moment ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom