C63 start up trick - old model versus facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C180runabout

Car
C180 M reg
Hello I'd be really grateful of some help.

I'm about to buy a non facelift c63 but want to check a few things:

1. Does the non facelift car have a "Sport +" setting? I'm thinking not (not too bothered - main query below which is important, very important )

2. So I was in a nice facelift car yesterday and was told to switch ignition on and set gearbox setting switch to "Sport +" and as I turn the ignition key to give the accelerator a small blip. So the car made an extremely cool almost bang out the exhaust then settled down into the familiar amg rumble. Can anyone advise if you all already knew about this and whether it is possible to do this in a non facelift car even though it may not have that particular gearbox setting?

I'm hoping the earlier cars can do it otherwise I will have to reluctantly adjust the budget.

Thank you.

Not sure as to your question - I'll try it tomorrow.
But I can advise you to adjust the budget. The facelift is a much nicer place to be and the MCT makes a big difference. All IMO obviously!

Our 2011 pre-facelift makes a pretty loud bark on startup

And correct no Sport Plus on the pre-facelift

58 plate. Mine pops on start up.

I'll be one of the first to admit that some cars can make really cool sounds:bannana:. But, there is a time and a place.
Have you guys got good relations with your neighbours?:confused:

I tested this on my 2013 car after reading this - you cant put it in Sports + before starting the car as the dial doesn't light up - but you can punch the throttle - so it can make quite a bark on startup.

Hi - thank you both for the help. Yes neighbours fine, he has F430 and my old CLS55 was decatted so there's no problem with early morning v8 barks
Appreciate the help and may go for an earlier pre facelift car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom