C63s BROKEN - - Need Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
Hi all,

I will try and make this as easy to understand as possible, bottom line i need a bit of help/advice. I will bullet point the main facts, anything else you want to know just ask..... Car is a 17 Coupe, 19 front 20 rear, Carbon ceramic brakes and Continental 5PS tyres MO
  • Picked up new C63s July 2017
  • Car has been back to dealer 50 miles from me but where i bought the car 5 times for fixing creaks and rattles.
  • Drove car for 700 miles and reported problem of vibration coming from accelerator over 80mph, wheel balancing has been done by a very reputable company so no issues from that..
  • Drove car to Europe covered 2500 miles with vibration from the accelerator and brake pedal, when i got back to England it went straight back to the dealer.
  • Dealer told me that it was a buckled wheel and tyre - i dis agreed but bought wheel from Mercedes to and tyre elsewhere to try and solve the problem, before fitting the garage i used said wheel was ever so slightly buckled but was fine and tyre fine. They said it was the brakes biting after inspecting. Leave original wheel on the car.
  • Car back to dealer again, MBUK now involved - The car has carbon ceramics - 4 weeks later and a lot of aggro, ceramic discs and pads replaced as one disc had had high points/ run out apparently causing vibration, nobody from Germany or Milton Keynes knew why but a cost of £5,000 to Mercedes.
  • Car back to me, run in brakes for approx 300 miles, vibration still there but not as bad and now the steering wheel vibrates between 80-100mph above this speed it gets much worse, and the accelerator pulsates every so often.
  • Re balance all wheels, and check Geometry , nothing wrong with it all in the green.
  • Car currently is pulling considerably to the left, more than it should and feels very twitchy, checked tyre pressures are correct.
  • Changed front left wheel to new alloy which they say was buckled and new tyre and re balance. Vibration still there.
  • Mercedes coming up with a compensation figure, however i am not really interested in that for the moment i just want the car fixed, or them to take it back, the first report of it was done within 30 days however it has been ongoing so long i don't know what else it could be!!! I feel i have given them enough opportunities to fix the problem and long enough and at the moment it is really consuming my time and worse than that the car feels very sh*t to drive. Most of my driving is abroad and not having the confidence in a car which should be good to 155 mph is quite annoying... Not sure where to turn next. Could it be the caller or suspension related ?!
Any help/suggestions/similar experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi all,

I will try and make this as easy to understand as possible, bottom line i need a bit of help/advice. I will bullet point the main facts, anything else you want to know just ask..... Car is a 17 Coupe, 19 front 20 rear, Carbon ceramic brakes and Continental 5PS tyres MO
  • Car has been back to dealer 50 miles from me but where i bought the car 5 times for fixing creaks and rattles.
  • Drove car for 700 miles and reported problem of vibration coming from accelerator over 80mph, wheel balancing has been done by a very reputable company so no issues from that..
  • Drove car to Europe covered 2500 miles with vibration from the accelerator and brake pedal, when i got back to England it went straight back to the dealer.
  • Dealer told me that it was a buckled wheel and tyre - i dis agreed but bought wheel from Mercedes to and tyre elsewhere to try and solve the problem, before fitting the garage i used said wheel was ever so slightly buckled but was fine and tyre fine. They said it was the brakes biting after inspecting. Leave original wheel on the car.
  • Car back to dealer again, MBUK now involved - The car has carbon ceramics - 4 weeks later and a lot of aggro, ceramic discs and pads replaced as one disc had had high points/ run out apparently causing vibration, nobody from Germany or Milton Keynes knew why but a cost of £5,000 to Mercedes.
  • Car back to me, run in brakes for approx 300 miles, vibration still there but not as bad and now the steering wheel vibrates between 80-100mph above this speed it gets much worse, and the accelerator pulsates every so often.
  • Re balance all wheels, and check Geometry , nothing wrong with it all in the green.
  • Car currently is pulling considerably to the left, more than it should and feels very twitchy, checked tyre pressures are correct.
  • Changed front left wheel to new alloy which they say was buckled and new tyre and re balance. Vibration still there.
  • Mercedes coming up with a compensation figure, however i am not really interested in that for the moment i just want the car fixed, or them to take it back, the first report of it was done within 30 days however it has been ongoing so long i don't know what else it could be!!! I feel i have given them enough opportunities to fix the problem and long enough and at the moment it is really consuming my time and worse than that the car feels very sh*t to drive. Most of my driving is abroad and not having the confidence in a car which should be good to 155 mph is quite annoying... Not sure where to turn next. Could it be the caller or suspension related ?!

Thanks,

you said the garage was 'ever so slightly bucked but fine' at 100mph even a 'slight buckle' can cause an issue... have the buckle repaired anyhow. I'm not sure on your location but I payed £40 per wheel to have my wheels corrected on a hydraulic press, tyres refitted and rebalanced.. again my buckles were very slight but it did make a difference

Edit : see your in London , place I used called northampton welding its 1hr on M1 from London done while wait in 30 min

Id had thought you are still entitled too your money back for the car, Hasn't been right from day one, Pop into CAB see what they suggest.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I can't offer any advice but I really hope you get sorted out. It's a lot of money to spend and not be happy.

Good luck. :thumb:

I've seen people complaining of pulsating feeling from the accelerator pedal on the new C Class. Haven't had it on my but have noticed some road surfaces gives that feeling e.g. Concrete seems to reverberate back. Is it all the time? As others said at high speed the slightest imperfection will be felt. You can reject the car as an option. You could get the garage to swap your wheels and tyres off another car as a set. Then if you still get the vibration you know it's not them leaving the brakes or hubs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the car on a PCP? I had issues with my current new car and after repeated attempts the dealer wasn't able to fix them within a reasonable time. I managed to get the issue sorted out by making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman | Free, fair, for everyone. Once someone at the financial ombudsman confirmed that I was within my rights to return the car and walk away everything was sorted out and I also received compensation.

I had an unresolved vibration issue with my car. At the three figure plus speeds you mention, balancing will not be the issue. it will almost certainly not probably be a problem with static balancing, but if the wheels are out of true you will need to get them straightened - easy to do and shouldn't cost more than 20 per wheel. In my case, I had to have a dynamic or road-force balance done and this identified an issue with both front tyres that had been there from new. Replacing the front tyres cured the problem completely and has transformed the car. I could see the when rotating the wheel slowly on a balancing machine, both the inside and outside edges of the rim were essentially true with minimal run-out, but the tyre tread appeared to walk up and down against an index pointer, . It appeared the tyre was egg-shaped or oval. The road force balance revealed that the tyres road force variation was out of limits and that it couldn't be matched to the rim. This was a manufacturing defects with the continued 5ps and they were refunded 100% by continental.

It took a huge amount of time and effort to get to bottom of this, wheels refurbished, suspension components reached etc before root cause was identified. What a waste of time and money it all was, but the car feels great now and runs totally smoothly at all speeds now. It just felt horrible before - I just hated driving it at motorway speeds as the vibration was so severe. I hope this helps you get to the bottom of your problem.

Search for my thread in wheels and tyres for more info

Last edited:
Thank you for all your replies, yes the car is on PCP out of the 12 week i have owned it 5 weeks of it have been in the workshop and back and forth several times and i really have had enough of it.

@AlexM thanks for chiming in it sounds pretty similar to mine. Can you let me know where you got all of your work done please, did you have all four wheels done? The machines i used for balancing i was told was good to 70mph but have never had a problem in the past on other cars! Will check your thread now.

I guess if i go down the FSCS route it will be a lot of hassle and chances i will not even get my money back as i would want compensation for the time the car has been of the road!!

Hi all,

Thanks,

Thank you for all your replies, yes the car is on PCP out of the 12 week i have owned it 5 weeks of it have been in the workshop and back and forth several times and i really have had enough of it.

@AlexM thanks for chiming in it sounds pretty similar to mine. Can you let me know where you got all of your work done please, did you have all four wheels done? The machines i used for balancing i was told was good to 70mph but have never had a problem in the past on other cars! Will check your thread now.

I guess if i go down the FSCS route it will be a lot of hassle and chances i will not even get my money back as i would want compensation for the time the car has been of the road!!

Given the replies, I'd see if you can temporarily loan a set of wheels and tyres from mb. I'm sure they are as keen to get to the bottom of it (and make you 'go away') as you are.

Good luck, sounds like a nightmare and one that has really taken the shine off ownership.

Hi,

I used these guys as they were nearest to me, but you can find other people with the Hunter road force balancing machine at Balance My Car

The Tyre ShopThe Tyre Shop
2 Loxham Road
Chingford, Greater London E4 8SE
02085 312300
http://www.thetyreshop.com

I did have all four wheels checked, but in the end I had to as I got a bolt through one of the tyres on the way there!. I was very happy with the service I got from them.

Good luck with getting your problem resolved.

Regards,
Alex

I've had no issue with my C63 but she's running on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, from AlexM's reply what about a simple switch to a different manufacturers tyre?

Real pity that you're not enjoying what should be a great ride!

RR

Take the car to Centre of Gravity Tamworth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom