CABIN AIR FILTER (Mann)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t-dawg1

Car
Mercedes W211
Hie guys recieved my new Cabin Air Filter for my E280 W211 facelift and need to replace it tomorrow. Thing is iv never changed one of these before so are there things I need to look out for whilst doing it or is it a straight forward enough job? I'm correct to say it sits under the windscreen on the passenger side accessible from the engine bay?

Tried that link and it's showing filters that are replaced from inside the cabin! I'm pretty certain mine is replaced from the Engine bay

Because in that thread OP had W210, follow the instructions how to find your car/model/filter type (well grober already posted direct link). Yep, in W211 it is very easy job :thumb:

Just changed my cabin air filter really easy straight forward job. The one I took out was really all black with dirt. Strange thing is the one I took out had an outer plastic lining which gave it a really robust feel but the new one was just all paper though it slotted in perfectly? Any reason why the old old one had that plastics outer lining and new one doesn't?

Perhaps different manufacturer? Or old one was active charcoal version (it's naturally darker color). Mine first was with frames, bought new 'regular' which is without, and now I've a spare filter which is active type with frames. :thumb:

mersum1es said:
Perhaps different manufacturer? Or old one was active charcoal version (it's naturally darker color). Mine first was with frames, bought new 'regular' which is without, and now I've a spare filter which is active type with frames. :thumb:
What do you mean by "Active charcoal version"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom